|JOB TITLE:||Staff Assistant Athletic Trainer||FLSA status:|
|DEPARTMENT:||Athletics||REPORTS TO:||Head Athletic Trainer|
The Assistant Athletic Trainer is responsible for assisting in the management of the athletic training program. Assists with the provision of athletic training services including the prevention, care, and rehabilitation of athletic injuries of all the intercollegiate athletic teams.
- Assists in coordinating and participating in pre-season physicals for all student athletes.
- Travels with teams as assigned by Head Athletic Trainer.
- Maintains inventory of training supplies. Prepares orders for supplies as needed.
- Assists in providing athletic training services for all KC sports as assigned by Head Athletic Trainer
- Assists in providing licensed athletic training service for all Kilgore College hosted athletic events as needed.
- Provides 24-hour on-call services for student-athlete emergencies.
- Refers student-athletes for physician care as needed.
- Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
- Performing other duties as assigned by the Head Athletic Trainer or Director of Athletics.
Minimum Position Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree preferred
Board of Certification (BOC certification), possess or be eligible for athletic training licensure in the state of Texas, CPR/AED for Healthcare Providers or Professional Rescuers.
- 0 Full-Time Direct Reports 0 Part-Time Direct Reports
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds.
Provide resources for safe operation of units. Create and support workplace safety.
This is an Exempt Level Professional Position which often requires extended hours beyond a 40-hour work week, especially during the peak season(s) for sports.
Must be able to work non-traditional hours, including nights and weekends depending on the time of year.
There are afternoon practices during season and competitions and performances in the afternoons and on weekends.
Must have and maintain a valid Class C Driver’s License and maintain a clear driving record to be insurable under the college liability policy.
Must be able to drive an automobile and 15-passenger van.
Must be able to drive to complete work assignments on and off campus, as needed.
Additional travel may be required on occasion in order to attend training, etc.
This is an 11-month position with a scheduled one-month break commencing at the end of the spring semester
Courtney Jenkins, MSS, ATC, LAT
Department Chair – Kinesiology & Athletic Training
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. Kilgore College reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or with notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by Kilgore College at its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org