Texas A&M University - Commerce
Senior Athletic Trainer
Texas A&M University – Commerce
Proposed Minimum Salary
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT:
- Cover Letter
- Three professional references with complete contact information (Unsolicited letters of recommendation will not be considered).
- Transcripts – If required for the position (Unofficial will be accepted with application. Official transcripts are required at time of verbal offer).
If transcripts are from an international institution, it is the responsibility of the prospective faculty member to have the transcripts translated and evaluated by an approved credential evaluator.
All documents must be electronically submitted through the Texas A&M Online Employment Services website to be considered. Incomplete or improperly submitted applications may be excluded from consideration.
The Senior Athletic Trainer provides general support to the athletic training department to allow for efficient operations and to assist student athlete injury prevention and medical treatment.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Primary Athletic Trainer for Football
- Oversees Student Athletic Training Program
- Point person on staff recruitment
- Emergency Action Plan point person
- Work study student supervisor
- Emergency Equipment maintenance
- Assists with the inventory within the Athletic Training Department. Develop and maintain inventory list to assist the Head Athletic Trainer in acquiring supplies, organizing supplies and distributing to athletic training facilities.
- Assists with the coordination and scheduling of game and practice coverage (home and away) for all athletic training staff.
- Assists with the supervision of Graduate Assistant Athletic Trainers and Student Athletic Trainers.
- Assists the Head Athletic Trainer with other assigned administrative duties.
- Assists with the prevention, evaluation, treatment and rehabilitation of injured student-athletes.
- Assists with the practice/game preparation and coverage for the athletic teams.
- Travels with assigned teams as needed.
- Assists with the medical treatment, rehabilitation and physician prescription records for all student-athletes
- Assists with coordination of written and verbal follow-ups to Head Coaches regarding student-athlete medical care.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in applicable field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience: Three years (1) of collegiate level athletic training experience and demonstrated experience working with a college football program.
- Knowledge / Skills: Good computer skills. Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to: Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others.
- Licensing/Professional Certifications: National Athletic Trainers Association (NATA) Certification. Eligible to apply for a Texas Athletic Trainers License. Certified in CPR / AED for the professional rescuer.
- Physical Requirements: None
- Other Requirements: Ability to travel and work nights and weekends.
PREFERRED EDUCATION / SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in Health and Kinesiology or related medical field. CPR / AED instructor’s certification
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
Assists with supervision of athletic training student and graduate assistants
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
Kate Bruning, MA, ATC, LAT
Texas A&M University- Commerce
Associate Athletics Director for Sports Medicine
Office: 903-468-3193 | Cell: 419-601-1915 | Fax: 903-468-8679
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 3011 | Commerce, TX 75429
Physical Address: 2600 Neal Street | Commerce, TX 75429
To apply for this job email your details to Kate.Bruning@tamuc.edu