Austin Westlake High School
POSITION: Seasonal Assistant Athletic Trainer
Westlake High School, a 6A High School in Austin,Texas, is offering a Seasonal–Assistant position that is responsible for the prevention, treatment, and rehabilitation of injuries and illnesses of student-athletes participating in UIL sports. This position may be assigned to, but not limited to the following teams: Basketball, Women’s Soccer. Baseball, Softball, and Wrestling. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to; athletic training department coverage, team travel obligations, tournament coverage. Term of appointment is 5-months, approximately January to May 30, with possible future opportunities in per diem and contract renewal . This position will report to and receive training, feedback, and evaluations from the Head Athletic Trainer and Sports Medicine Staff.
Rate of pay for this position will be 40.00 per hour.
Additional income opportunities could be available through local sports medicine affiliates for paid contract / outside event coverage, or summer extension.
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree from a CAATE-accredited Athletic Training Program.
2. Active BOC Certification.
3. Current CPR & AED Certified
4. Eligible for Texas Athletic Training Licensure. Application to Texas Department of Licensure and Registration must be submitted prior employment.
- Injury prevention and wellness promotion
- Examination, assessment, and diagnosis of student-athlete injuries
3. Immediate and emergency care during practice and competitions
4. Therapeutic intervention
5. Health care administration and professional responsibility.
- Perform duties as assigned by high school athletic trainers and/or the athletic coordinator.
- Work with the middle school athletic coordinator to schedule medical coverage for athletic events
- Coordinate care of middle school athletes with nursing staff.
- Determine the athlete’s return to practice or playing status following an injury.
- Refer athletes with injuries that indicate a need to see a physician.
- Maintain records on injuries, physicals, Rules Acknowledgement Forms, and insurance forms for
- Attend clinics and conventions to keep up to date on training techniques and maintain athletic
- Maintain a clean and efficient athletic training facility.
- Be responsible for the use of therapeutic modalities in the treatment and rehabilitation of injuries.
- Prepare athlete for games and practices through evaluation and using tape, wraps, splints, braces,
and other protective devices as needed.
- Follow professional, ethical and legal parameters regarding use of drugs and therapeutic agents for treatment and rehabilitation of injured athletes.
- Supervise student interns and assistants.
- Follow proper budget procedures when requisitioning supplies and equipment.
- Follow policies of the UIL and the Eanes ISD.
- Serve as a liaison between parents, students, coaches, and physicians.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Athletic Director and Head Athletic Trainer
Send a resume and three references with addresses and phone numbers to:
Cody Watkins M.Ed, ATC, LAT
Head Athletic Trainer
Office: 512-732-9280 ext. 33916
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org