Children's Health Andrews Institute
Position: PRN Athletic Trainer
Pay Rate: $28.50/hour with 4-hour minimum; All supplies & equipment provided
Provide “Athletic Training Services” to athletes under the direction of the Sports Medicine Director or by written referral from a physician, and in accordance with state athletic training practice act for the Children’s Heath Andrews Institute Sports Medicine Outreach
The CHAI sports medicine outreach PRN AT may be involved with daily athletic programs at schools (Private and Public), statewide championship events, recreational sporting events, offsite clinical evaluations and screenings, preparticipation screenings, baseline screenings and testing for concussion, cardiac health, musculoskeletal risk factors and many other sports related medical service offerings. It is expected of each member of the CHAI Sports Medicine Outreach team to be prepared to respond and act in all emergency and urgent medical situations within the defined event or program being covered. The team member will act within the expected Strategic Priorities and representative of Children’s Health Andrews Institutes motto and mission. The CHAI team member will cover the entirety of the assigned event meeting or exceeding the expectations of the customer by being prompt, accurate and willing to assist with any medical issue while on site. All care administered and injuries evaluated should be documented per the CHAI injury assessment reporting provided. Follow up to the Program Manager is expected within 48 hours of the event unless earlier as dictated by the urgency of the medical care provided.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Have knowledge and uphold the Code of Ethics of the National Athletic Trainers Association and the Texas Board of Examiners for Athletic Trainers.
· Demonstrate good communication skills with athletes, parents, athletic director(s) coaches and physicians regarding athletes playing status and ability to return to competition.
· Provide superior care in the prevention, recognition, evaluation, and immediate care of athletic injuries.
· Provide pre-game/practice taping and preparation.
· Referring athletes for appropriate diagnostic and follow-up procedures and completing and submitting an injury report to the Athletic Training Outreach Program Manager in a timely manner.
· Utilize appropriate, sound, and up to date clinical techniques to effectively assess and treat athletic injuries.
· Provide athletic training services to patients and athletes at sponsored events as requested or required.
· Complete all documentation in a timely manner.
· Proper management and disposal of all confidential patient information.
– Position open to all experience levels
– Must have current Texas LAT by hire date
– BOC preferred but not required
– Current certification for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and AED training (American Heart Association)
Send resume and letter of interest to Kayla.Parker@Childrens.com
To apply for this job email your details to Kayla.Parker@Childrens.com