- ● Austin, Texas
- ● Health, Wellness and Beauty
- ● 111905
Apply through: https://jobs.ascension.org/careers-home/jobs/111166?lang=en-us
Job Description We Are Hiring
Ascension Seton is hiring Athletic Trainers! This is a PRN position working evenings and some weekend coverage.
Looking for a team oriented certified athletic trainer to promote and provide exceptional/accessible outreach medical care for Lonestar Soccer Club through Ascension Texas Sports Performance. Optimal candidate(s) will be passionate about the athletic training profession, have a strong work ethic, multifaceted clinical skill set and have the ability to connect and build relationships with the Austin Texas soccer community.
- ● Bachelor’s Degree or Higher in an Athletic Training (CAATE Accredited Program); Masters Degree in related field strongly preferred
- ● Valid Texas State Licensure (LAT) (or obtain within 60 days of hire date)
- ● CPR/BLS Certified
- ● Previous use of Electronic Medical Records (EMR) Systems
- ● EMT Certification Strongly Preferred
- ● Valid/Current Athletic Trainer Certification (ATC) through BOC
- ● 2+ Years of experience (Preferred)
- ● Previous soccer experience (Preferred)
- ● Previous experience working with athletes 6-18 years of age (Preferred)
- ● Experience with inventorying, ordering supplies, and scheduling
- ● Additional Certifications: CSCS, CES, PES, FMS (Preferred)
- ● Excellent Time Management, Communication, Interpersonal, and Organizational skills
- ● Skilled in Microsoft Office/Google Suite
What You Will Do
Assess injuries and manage comprehensive treatment programs to prevent injury and rehabilitate athletes.
- ● Develop conditioning programs for injured and non-injured athletes to ensure safety in the program design incorporating nutrition plans and schedules customized to meet individual athlete needs.
- ● Design and implement comprehensive training or rehabilitation programs to prevent injury and illness among athletes.
- ● Evaluate and manage injuries. Maintain medical documentation on each athlete and act as a liaison between the physician and the athlete.
- ● Prepare athletes for practice or competition based on team schedules, applicable regulations and guidelines, and in conjunction with physician and sports performance staff.
What You Will Need
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- ● Licensed Athletic Trainer credentialed from the Texas Advisory Board of Athletic Trainers obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer date required.
- ● BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date required.
● High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate’s degree, or Technical degree required.
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team
Ascension Seton, based in Austin, Texas, has provided thousands of associates and caregivers a rewarding career in healthcare since 1902. We strive to expand access to high-quality, low-cost, person-centered care and services for all. We operate more than 100 clinical locations in central Texas,
including 3 teaching hospitals, Dell Seton Medical Center at the University of Texas, Ascension Seton Medical Center Austin and Dell Children’s Medical Center, where candidates can find both career and clinical education opportunities. If you are looking for a rewarding career in healthcare, explore a career with us today.
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 160,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension Seton is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.ascension.org.