Ascension Medical Group Sports Medicine Outreach
Athletic Trainer – Ascension Medical Group Sports Medicine Outreach (PRN)
Ascension Medical Group Seton (AMG) is seeking a PRN athletic trainer to fulfill various event coverage shifts on an as needed basis. Coverage needs include Tuesday evenings with availability of additional shifts throughout the week/weekend.
What You Will Do
Assess injuries and manage comprehensive treatment programs to prevent injury and rehabilitate athletes.
- ● Prevent, recognize, evaluate, and provide immediate care, rehabilitation and reconditioning of athletic injuries/illnesses through evidence-based practice.
- ● Maintain medical documentation on each athlete and act as a liaison between the physician and the athlete.
- ● Prepare athletes for practice or competition based on team schedules, applicable regulations and guidelines, and in conjunction with physician and sports medicine staff.
- ● Design and implement comprehensive prevention and rehabilitation protocols to prevent injury and illness among athletes.
- ● Duties as assigned based on ATs availability.
What You Will Need
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- ● Athletic Trainer credentialed from the Texas Advisory Board of Athletic Trainers obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer date required.
- ● BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date required.
● Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university required.
Why Join Our Team
Ascension Seton, based in Austin, Texas, has provided thousands of associates and caregivers a rewarding career in healthcare since 1902. We strive to expand access to high-quality, low-cost, person-centered care and services for all. We operate more than 100 clinical locations in central Texas, including 3 teaching hospitals, Dell Seton Medical Center at the University of
Texas, Ascension Seton Medical Center Austin and Dell Children’s Medical Center, where candidates can find both career and clinical education opportunities. If you are looking for a rewarding career in healthcare, explore a career with us today.
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 160,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension Seton is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.ascension.org.