Texas Lutheran University
Part-Time Athletic Trainer
Texas Lutheran University invites applications for the position of Part-Time Athletic Trainer. This position provides healthcare to patients and student-athletes participating in intercollegiate athletics as well as facilitate the clinical education of athletic training students enrolled in a CAATE accredited athletic training program.
- Provide comprehensive care for all injuries and illnesses including: prevention, evaluation, and rehabilitation.
- Document and maintain written and/or electronic records of all patient encounters.
- Attend home contests and away contests of TLU athletic programs as assigned by supervisor.
- Attend all practice sessions for TLU athletic programs as assigned by supervisor.
- Foster wholesome relationships among athletic training staff, physicians, patients, coaches, and student-athletes.
- Serve as a preceptor for athletic training students.
- Adhere to CAATE guidelines for athletic training education programs, NATA Code of Ethics and Code of Professional Practice, and Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation.
- Maintain athletic training clinic and equipment.
- Contribute to the maintenance of good working relationships with all athletics staff members and student-athletes through a positive and constructive approach to all tasks, respect for the competencies of others, and appropriate conflict resolution behavior.
- Understand and support the mission of Texas Lutheran University
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university is required.
- Licensure by the Texas Department of Health, Advisory Board of Athletic Trainers (L.A.T.) required. NPI required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong administrative skills.
- Considerable judgment is required.
- Ability to work independently.
- Must be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to stand and walk, for up to six hours. The majority of the job is spent standing and/or walking.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Combination of indoor and outdoor working conditions including being exposed to extremes in temperature and weather conditions. Traveling with athletic teams will be required. Work will include nights and weekends.
Benefits are competitive. Texas Lutheran University, an accredited university affiliated with the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, is located 35 miles from downtown San Antonio. For more information about TLU, consult our web site at www.tlu.edu. Please submit an application, a resume, and the contact information for at least three professional references to:
Texas Lutheran University
1000 W. Court Street
Seguin, Texas 78155
FAX: (830) 372-6409
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com