|Spring Branch Independent School District
Athletic Trainer – Assistant (Part-Time)
||Athletic Trainer – Assistant
||Building Principal, Campus Athletic Director, and the Executive Administrator of Athletics
||See Compensation Plan for New Hire Guide for Teachers
||Assist the Head Athletic Trainer in the coordination of coverage, treatment, rehabilitation and physician referral for all athletic and designated UIL programs. Plan and supervise all components of the athletic training student aide program.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Licensed by the Texas State Advisory Board of Athletic Trainers. CPR/First Aid/AED Certification.
- NATA BOC Certification preferred
- Valid Texas Teacher Certificate and/or TSATA Sports Medicine Instructor (or willing to obtain)
- Three or more years of relative experience. Experience in secondary education preferred.
- Certification must meet requirements for becoming and remaining qualified for this position in a manner required by Federal and/or State law.
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to provide injury prevention and rehabilitation services.
- Ability to provide emergency care.
- Knowledge of therapeutic modalities and ability to apply appropriate treatment to treat student athletic injuries.
- Ability to instruct and supervise student athletes and athletic training student aides.
|Major Duties and
- Plan and implement a comprehensive rehabilitation and reconditioning program for injuries and illnesses sustained by student athletes.
- Determine therapeutic goals and objectives for individual athletes, apply therapeutic modalities, and instruct athletes on proper use of exercise equipment.
- Fit injured athletes with specialized equipment and oversee its use.
- Evaluate and record rehabilitation progress of athletes. Develop criteria for progression and return to practice and competition.
- Follow and enforce professional, ethical, and legal parameters regarding use of drugs and therapeutic agents for treatment and rehabilitation of injured athletes.
- Coordinate scheduling of athletic physical examinations and screening.
- Select, train, and supervise athletic training student aides.
- Compile, maintain, and file all physical and computerized reports, records, and other documents including medical, accident, and treatment records as required.
- Maintain an inventory of training supplies and equipment. Requisition additional supplies as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
|Supervise the work of athletic training student aides.
||Computer and various office equipment. Exercise equipment and devices including stationary bike, pulleys, weights, whirlpool, paraffin bath, ultrasound equipment, and cold packs.
- Maintain emotional control under stress.
- Work with frequent interruptions.
- This position requires regular interacting with the public.
- Frequent standing, stooping, bending, pulling and pushing.
- Work outside (exposure to sun, heat, cold, and inclement weather) and inside.
- Exposed to biological hazards, bacteria, and communicable diseases.
- Frequent district wide and state wide travel; frequent prolonged and irregular hours.
||Click Apply then Login. To complete your application, please visit our website at https://www.springbranchisd.com/join-our-team/applicants.