ARLINGTON INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT
JOB TITLE: Part-Time Assistant Athletic Trainer
REPORTS TO: Athletic Director & District Head Athletic Trainer
WAGE/HOUR: $30 per Hour; (20- 30 hours per week)
START: Immediately upon HR clearance/Background check
ROLE AND PURPOSE: Work assisting High School campus athletic trainers with medical coverage for JH & HS athletic events and contests. Plan, coordinate, and supervise all components of athletic training program for student athletes. Also, work under the direction of team physician to carry out activities in the following areas: prevention, evaluation, emergency treatment, physical reconditioning, and rehabilitation of injuries.
Valid license from Texas Advisory Board of Athletic Trainers
Special Knowledge and Skills
Ability to provide injury prevention and rehabilitation services
Ability to provide emergency care
Knowledge of therapeutic modalities and ability to apply appropriate treatment to treat student athletic injuries
Ability to instruct and supervise student athletes and assistants
Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Illness/Injury Prevention and Treatment
- Plan and implement a comprehensive athletic injury and illness prevention program for student athletes.
- Attend JH and HS athletic contests as assigned by District Head Athletic Trainer in conjunction with campus AT.
- Establish and maintain effective communication with students, parents, medical and paramedical personnel, coaches, and other staff.
- Fit injured athletes with specialized equipment and oversee its use.
- Prepare athletes for games and practices by conducting evaluations and using tape, wraps, splints, braces, and other protective devices as needed.
- Respond to emergencies and make quick, independent judgments about how to deal with injuries.
- Identify acute injuries and provide first aid triage, including assessing injuries and deciding whether an athlete should seek further medical attention and should discontinue participation in the athletic event.
- Establish specific safety procedures.
Steve J Guadalupe, ATC/L
Arlington ISD District Head Athletic Trainer
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com