Memorial Herman Hospital
Memorial Hermann Outreach Athletic Trainer
100126029 Outreach Athletic Trainer (Open)
Provides contract and other outreach athletic training services for affiliated high schools, colleges, professional teams, or other sports or community athletic organizations. Assists in formulating and implementing market strategies to ensure access to services for health care providers. Initiate and develop new outreach relationships with schools, colleges, teams, and community. Participates in or provides coverage for outreach sponsored events, seminars, or other educational or athletic programs. Serves as a liaison between team physicians and high school and college coaches and athletes, and to Memorial Hermann facilities.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Athletic training; Sports Medicine; Exercise Physiology; Exercise Science; Kinesiology; Health Education; Human Performance; or other related degree required
Licenses/Certifications: CPR certification required; Must be currently licensed by the State of Texas as an athletic trainer; NATA certification preferred
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Possess basic knowledge of computer software packages; experience with Microsoft Windows based programs preferred
- Ability to coordinate and communicate effectively with physicians, athletic trainers, coaches, athletes, families, communities and other departments while utilizing a team approach
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Able to adjust communication appropriately to address specific market segments or customers
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks
- Effective presentation and teaching skills
- Ability to monitor patient and environmental safety in all situations
- Thorough knowledge of sports medicine rehabilitation treatment programs and strategies
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Provides for the care, prevention, treatment and rehabilitation of athletic injuries
- Ensures the attainment of outreach program goals.
- Maintains professionalism in all program activities and duties.
- Maintains all essential documentation.
- Participates in student education and staff development programs as assigned.
- Respond to requests by program director to perform special projects or administrative functions.
- Presents relevant special topics in professional literature at clinic meetings, grand rounds, conferences, university settings and meetings as delegated or requested by the faculty
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education, skills competency, supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor, and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Varied (United States of America)
To apply for this job please visit jobs.memorialhermann.org.