Dickinson ISD is single high school district with two junior highs. Our sports medicine team is growing!
We are looking for two (2) full-time athletic trainers to join the team.
OUTREACH ATHLETIC TRAINERS
DICKINSON ISD – 3800 Baker Drive, Dickinson, TX 77539 (281) 229-6400
Houston Physicians’ Hospital in partnership with SportsCare USA, Inc. provides outreach athletic training
services to the physically-active community in the Bay Area/Houston market. Dickinson Independent
School District has approximately 5,000 students, one 6A high school, and approximately 1,000 high
school student-athletes. Dickinson Independent School District also has two Junior High Schools with
approximately 400 student-athletes each. There is a plan to open a third Junior High School in the 2023-
2024 school year.
Provide athletic training services in an interscholastic setting without responsibilities at the hospital.
• Ability to provide injury prevention and rehabilitation services
• Ability to provide emergency care
• Knowledge of therapeutic modalities and ability to apply the appropriate treatment to treat
student athletic injuries
• Ability to instruct and supervise student-athletes and assistants
• Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
• Attend practice sessions and athletic contests as assigned by Head Athletic Trainer
• Establish and maintain effective communication with students, parents, medical and
paramedical personnel, coaches, and other staff.
• Provide physical conditioning training to student-athletes.
• Fit injured athletes with specialized equipment and oversee its use.
• Prepare athletes for games and practices by conducting evaluations and using tape, wraps,
splints, braces, and other protective devices as needed.
• Respond to emergencies and make quick, independent judgments about how to deal with
• Identify acute injuries and provide first-aid triage, including assessing injuries and deciding
whether an athlete should seek further medical attention and should discontinue participation
in the athletic event.
• Establish specific procedures to be carried out by a coach or student trainer in the event of a
• Detect and resolve environmental risks to athletes.
• Oversee student training program.
• License or Temporary License: Texas Department of Licensing & Regulation
• Certification: Current certification through NATABOC preferred
• CPR certification required
For more information, please contact:
Sports Medicine Manager – Houston Physicians’ Hospital
SportsCare Outreach Liaison
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com