Liberty Hill ISD
Job Title: Assistant Athletic Trainer
Reports to: Head Athletic Trainer I Director of Athletics
• Provide athletic training services for both middle school campuses for L.H.I.S.D.
• Assist in the direction and supervision of the athletic training program for L.H.I.S.D.
• Work under the direction and supervision of the team physician(s) and/or attending physician(s) to carry out activities in the following areas: prevention, evaluation, emergency treatment, physical reconditioning and rehabilitation of athletic injuries.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Current License -Texas Advisory Board of Athletic Trainers
• Texas Teaching Certificate
• Administrative knowledge/skills of Athletic Training Program
• Ability to develop and supervise athletic training student aide program/curriculum
• Knowledge of therapeutic exercise and modality application
• Certified Instructor – CPR, First Aid, Sport Safety (Preferred)
• Excellent organization, communication, and interpersonal skills
Major Responsibilities and Duties: Administration:
• Maintain Texas Department of Health Standards
• Recruit student staff and coordinate with professional staff for daily operations
• Create and maintain health, injury, and UIL-required participation forms for all student-athletes
• Coordinate with team physician for athletic physicals
1) Schedule and conduct
2) Check all paperwork
3) File all paperwork
4) Completed paperwork lists to all coaches
Major Responsibilities and Duties: continued
• Coordinate an injury plan for coaches
• Coordinate rehabilitation programs
• Coordinate a heat, cold, lightning, blood, concussion and emergency plan for L.H.I.S.D.
• Provide athletic training coverage as needed
1) Treatment and rehabilitation -before and after school day
2) Athletic periods
5) Weekends and Holidays
6) Daily Treatment and Rehabilitation
a) acute injuries
b) chronic injuries
7) Prevention of injuries
a) Education of coaches and student-athletes
• Supervise athletic training student aides
• Supervise athletic training clinic
• Supervise athletic facilities, equipment, and fields concerning safety issues
• Supervise implementation of CPR, First Aid and Sport Safety training to professional staff athletic training student aides
• Communicate with student-athletes and parents regarding progress in rehabilitation program and readiness to return to activity.
• Communicate with coaches regarding readiness to return to activity.
• Communicate with physicians regarding rehabilitation programs and their implementation.
• Educate and improve parental awareness regarding the role of the athletic trainer in the L.H.I.S.D.
• Communicate with parents of athletic training student aides about educational opportunities and progress/status in academics and extra-curricular activities.
• Communicate with athletic director, building principals, and central office staff regarding administrative issues relative to the athletic training program.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com