College Station ISD
Job Title: Athletic Trainer Middle School
Reports to: Principal, Athletic Coordinator, Head Athletic Trainer
Dept/Campus: Assigned Campus
Pay Grade: Teacher Pay Scale
Wage Status: Exempt
Days: 197 days plus $4,000 stipend
Apply online at: https://csisd.tedk12.com/hire/ViewJob.aspx?JobID=2469#
Provide athletic training and care to middle school athletes. Works with the direction of team physician and/or head athletic trainers to carry out activities in the following areas; prevention, evaluation, emergency treatment, physical reconditioning, and rehabilitation of injuries.
State Licensed Athletic Trainer from the State of Texas
Bachelor degree or higher
Instructor Certification in AHA CPR (or ability to obtain)
National Athletic Trainer Certification preferred
Texas Teacher Certification preferred
- This position requires knowledge of all sporting events, anatomy/physiology/kinesiology, and characteristics of various injuries, nutrition, first aid and AED
- Ability to provide injury prevention and rehabilitation services
- Ability to provide emergency care
- Knowledge of therapeutic modalities and ability to apply appropriate treatment to treat student athletic injuries
- Ability to instruct and supervise student athletes and assistants
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- This position is responsible for the prevention, treatment and rehabilitation of athletic injuries, as well as documentation of injuries and care provided to student athletes, insurance information, and physical exams,
- Athletic Trainer must be able to use the knowledge described in skill requirements and apply it to the daily work situations in evaluating injuries, determining proper care and rehabilitation, discussing injuries with athletes, parents, coaches and physicians.
- Proper judgement/evaluation must be used in determining type and extent of injury, need for further outside assistance, type and extent of rehabilitation necessary, and ability/timing of student athlete to return to sport.
- Athletic Trainer must have the ability to communicate with all parties to ensure proper understanding of severity of injury, intended care and rehabilitation and anticipated recovery period.
The Following are requirements of the position;
- Attend practice sessions and athletic contests as assigned by campus coordinator/athletic director
- Establish and maintain effective communication with students, parents, medical and paramedical personnel, coaches, and other staff.
- Provide physical conditioning training to student athletes.
- Fit injured athletes with specialized equipment and oversee its use.
- Prepare athletes for games and practices by conducting evaluations and using tape, wraps, splints, braces, and other protective devices as needed.
- Respond to emergencies and make quick, independent judgments about how to deal with injuries.
- Identify acute injuries and provide first-aid triage, including assessing injuries and deciding whether an athlete should seek further medical attention and should discontinue participation in the athletic event.
- Detect and resolve environmental risks to athletes.
- Athletic Trainer will remain at game site until completed and check with the head coach to make to ensure athletes receive care if necessary
- Determine therapeutic goals and objectives for individual athletes.
- Apply therapeutic modalities and instruct athletes on proper use of exercise equipment.
- Evaluate and record rehabilitation progress of athletes. Develop criteria for progression and return to practice and competition.
- Follow professional, ethical, and legal parameters regarding use of drugs and therapeutic agents for treatment and rehabilitation of injured athletes.
- Coordinate scheduling of athletic physical examinations and screening.
- Select, train, and supervise student assistants.
- Compile, maintain, and file all physical and computerized reports, records, and other documents including medical, accident, and treatment records as required.
- Maintain an inventory of athletic training supplies and equipment. Requisition additional supplies as needed (Athletic Training rooms must be neat and orderly and properly cleaned)
- Assists high school Athletic Trainers in providing coverage of games in instances of conflict with multiple games on the high school schedules
Exercise equipment and devices including stationary bike, pulleys, weights, whirlpool, paraffin bath, ultrasound equipment, and cold packs.
Supervise the work of student assistants.
Physical Demands /Mental Demands/ Environmental Factors:
The working conditions described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.
This position is grant funded and subject to continued funding each fiscal year.
Regular district-wide travel to multiple work locations as assigned. Regularly sit, talk or hear; frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; frequent repetitive hand motions; prolonged use of computer; may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10-50 pounds; occasionally required to stand, walk reach with hands and arms; vision abilities include close vision; and color vision, regularly work with frequent interruptions, maintain emotional control under stress; the noise level is usually moderate. The employee may spend long hours in intense concentration which requires attention to detail. There are a number of deadlines associated with this position, which may cause significant stress. The employee must also deal with a wide variety of people on various issues. Regularly perform multiple, highly complex, tasks with a need to periodically upgrade skills in order to meet changing job conditions and compliance with legal guidelines. Flexibility is required to independently work with others in a wide variety of circumstances and integrating into different school environments. Occasionally work prolonged and irregular hours.
Job Contact Information
|Title||Director of Athletics|
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org