|JOB TITLE:||Kinesiology Instructor/ Head Athletic Trainer||SALARY:||$54,800|
|DEPARTMENT:||Kinesiology & Athletics||REPORTS TO:||Kinesiology Department Chair|
The Kinesiology Instructor & Head Athletic Trainer is responsible for teaching courses for in the Kinesiology department as well as leading in the management of the athletic training program. The position will direct the provision of athletic training services including the prevention, care, and rehabilitation of athletic injuries of all the intercollegiate athletic teams.
- Teach 5 courses during the academic year.
- Develop course syllabi, create exams/quizzes, homework assignments, and grading.
- Hold office hours as needed.
- Be able to provide courses on Blackboard.
- Attend department, division meetings.
- Assist with department duties as needed.
- Direct oversight of daily operations of all athletic training facilities.
- Direct supervision and evaluation of athletic training staff and student athletic trainers.
- Develop and manage emergency action planning.
- Work with Sports Medicine team physicians to deliver care to student athletes.
- Coordinating and participating in pre-season physicals for all student athletes.
- Travels with teams as needed.
- Maintains inventory of training supplies. Prepare orders for supplies as needed.
- Maintain medical records & manage insurance claim processing for student-athlete injuries
- Providing athletic training services for all KC athletics.
- Providing licensed athletic training service for all Kilgore College hosted athletic events as needed.
- Refers student-athletes for physician care as needed.
- Oversee the Student Athletic Training Program.
- Recruit Student Athletic Trainers.
- Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
- Performing other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics or Department Chair.
Minimum Position Requirements:
Master’s degree in Athletic Training, Kinesiology, or related field.
Board of Certification (BOC certification), possess or be eligible for athletic training licensure in the state of Texas. Current CPR/AED for Healthcare Providers or Professional Rescuers.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds.
Provide resources for safe operation of units. Create and support workplace safety.
This is an Exempt Level Professional Position which often requires extended hours beyond a 40-hour work week, especially during the peak season(s) for sports.
Must be able to work non-traditional hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays depending on the time of year.
There are morning or afternoon practices during season and competitions and performances in the afternoons, evenings, and on weekends.
Must have and maintain a valid Class C Driver’s License and maintain a clear driving record to be insurable under the college liability policy.
Must be able to drive an automobile and 15-passenger van.
Must be able to drive to complete work assignments on and off campus, as needed.
Additional travel may be required on occasion in order to attend training, etc.
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. Kilgore College reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or with notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by Kilgore College at its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Courtney Jenkins, MSS, ATC, LAT
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org