Head Athletic Trainer (1853)
Plan, coordinate, and supervise all components of athletic training program for student athletes. Work under the advice and consent of team physician to carry out activities in the following areas: prevention, evaluation, emergency treatment, physical reconditioning, and rehabilitation of injuries.
Valid license from Texas Advisory Board of Athletic Trainers Texas Teaching Certificate
Ability to provide injury prevention and rehabilitation services
Ability to provide emergency care
Knowledge of therapeutic modalities and ability to treat student athletes Ability to instruct and supervise student athletes and assistants Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Three years’ experience as an athletic trainer
At least one year student teaching or approved internship
Major Responsibilities and Duties: General
- Demonstrates thoroughness, reliability and a high degree of accuracy in performing work assignments.
- Works cooperatively with others and maintains a positive attitude in the work environment.
- Demonstrates initiative and good judgment in problem solving and decision-making.
- Reports promptly and maintains good attendance.
- Uses time productively on the job.
- Follows district policies, rules and regulations.
- Accepts supervisory direction.
- Strives to improve job skills.
- Demonstrates tact, courtesy and helpfulness in dealing with staff, students, parents, and
visitors in the district.
- Develop and implement lesson plans and activities through distance or virtual learning to fulfill the requirements of district curriculum and show written evidence of preparation, as required. Prepare lessons in instructional formats that accommodate differences in individual student needs.
- Plan and use appropriate instructional strategies, activities and resources for distance or virtual learning that reflect understanding of the learning styles and needs of assigned students according to guidelines established by Texas Education Agency, board policies, and administrative regulations.
- Be available by phone, email or video conferencing to confer with district personnel, students, and/or parents between the hours of 8:00am – 4:30pm or as set by the Principal.
- Communicate with all students or parents on a regular basis as directed by the Principal to ensure that weekly lessons and activity plans are effectively communicated and monitored to ensure student progress.
Student Growth and Development
- Provide ongoing feedback on student achievement through formal and informal methods.
- Be a positive role model for students and support the goals of the campus and school
- Plan and implement a comprehensive athletic injury and illness prevention program for student athletes.
- Attend practice sessions and athletic contests as assigned by athletic director.
- Establish and maintain effective communication with students, parents, medical and
paramedical personnel, coaches, and other staff.
- Provide physical conditioning training to student athletes.
- Fit injured athletes with specialized equipment and oversee its use.
- Prepare athletes for games and practices by conducting evaluations and using tape,
wraps, splints, braces, and other protective devices as needed.
- Identify acute injuries and provide first-aid triage.
- Detect and resolve environmental risks to athletes.
- Plan and put in place a comprehensive rehabilitation and reconditioning program for injuries and illnesses sustained by student athletes.
- Determine therapeutic goals and objectives for individual athletes.
- Apply therapeutic modalities and instruct athletes on proper use of exercise equipment.
- Evaluate and record rehabilitation progress of athletes. Develop criteria for progression
and return to competition.
- Follow professional, ethical, and legal parameters regarding use of drugs and therapeutic
agents for treatment and rehabilitation of injured athletes.
- Coordinate scheduling of athletic physical examinations and screening.
- Select, train, and supervise student assistants.
- Compile, maintain, and file all physical and computerized reports, records, and other
documents including medical, accident, and treatment records as required.
- Maintain an inventory of training supplies and equipment. Requisition additional supplies
Shift Type Salary Range Location
Supervise the work of student assistants, if any.
Exercise equipment and devices including stationary bike, pulleys, weights, whirlpool, paraffin bath, ultrasound equipment, and cold packs.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Maintain emotional control under stress. Continual walking and standing; moderate lifting and carrying; stooping, bending, kneeling, and reaching. Work outside (exposure to sun, heat, cold, and inclement weather) and inside. Exposure to biological hazards, bacteria, and communicable diseases. Frequent district-wide and statewide travel; frequent prolonged and irregular hours.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.
Teacher Pay Scale Southside High School
Start Date 05/25/2022 End Date 08/30/2022
Apply online at https://southsideisd.tedk12.com/hire/ViewJob.aspx?JobID=1853
To apply for this job please visit southsideisd.tedk12.com.