NAVARRO COLLEGE, CORSICANA, TX
JOB VACANCY POSTING
POSITION TITLE: HEAD ATHLETIC TRAINER
REPORTS TO: DIRECTOR OF ATHLETICS
Navarro College is seeking individuals who strive for service excellence, value, creativity, innovation, are looking for a joyful workplace, are respectful toward others, are team players, and have integrity. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, genetic information or any other legally protected status.
The Head Athletic Trainer works under the supervision of the Director of Athletics and supervises the care of student athletes competing in the College’s athletic program. The Head Athletic Trainer is responsible for the prevention, evaluation, management and rehabilitation of injuries within the College’s comprehensive sports medicine program.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducts evaluations, treatments and rehabilitation of all athletic injuries.
- Documents all injuries and emergency situations, including the filing of incident reports.
- Is available for event coverage starting one hour before all home varsity contests and concluding one hour after the contest is completed.
- Is available for consultation with coaches and players.
- Arranges appointments with team physicians when and if needed.
- Assumes responsibility for budgeting and ordering supplies, as well as maintain the supply inventory.
- Ensures all athletes’ records are in order and up to date.
- Assumes responsibility of keeping a clean and safe athletic training room.
- Keeps coaches informed of all paperwork and injury status of athletes.
- Assumes responsibility for the recruitment, scheduling and supervision of student trainers.
- Is required to teach one three-hour lecture class per semester.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
- Bachelor’s degree in appropriate area of specialization with professional experience in collegiate athletics.
- Certified by the National Athletic Trainers’ Association Board of Certification (NATABOC) and/or licensed by the Texas Advisory Board of Athletic Trainers.
- Familiarity with NJCAA governing rules.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Must demonstrate good interpersonal, communication and organizational
- Must be able to maintain order and discipline.
- Must be able to pay attention to details.
- Variances from regular working hours may be necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
- Busy working environment with numerous interruptions.
SALARY: Commensurate with Education and Experience (This is an 11 month position to be paid over 12 months)
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: Open Until Filled
FRINGE BENEFITS: Navarro College participates in the State of Texas insurance program. Under the State of Texas insurance program, Navarro College employees are eligible for health insurance benefits on the first of the month following sixty (60) days of full time employment. Navarro College pays 100% of the health insurance premium for the employee and 50% for eligible dependents (spouse and children under the age of 26). Other optional coverages are available immediately upon employment, including dental, optional term life insurance, voluntary accidental death and dismemberment insurance, dependent term life insurance, short and long term disability, and TexFlex dependent care and health care reimbursement accounts.
Navarro College also participates in the Texas Teacher Retirement System (TRS) with 7.7% employee contribution and 6.8% employer contribution, and Optional Retirement Program (ORP) with 6.65% employee contribution and 6.6% employer contribution. These options are available upon full-time employment. Full-time employees also have the option of joining the Navarro College Retirement Plan after one year of service with 5% employee contribution and 8% employer contribution.
Full-time employees may apply for tuition reimbursement through Navarro College’s Educational Assistance Program.
Navarro College also has a generous leave plan where employees accrue 6.67 hours of vacation time and 8 hours of sick leave per month. Vacation accrual increases with tenure. The college also recognizes most major holidays, including Thanksgiving (3 days), Christmas break (varies, but normally 10 days), and Spring Break (5 days). During these times, all departments are closed.
NAVARRO COLLEGE DISTRICT EEO/ADA STATEMENT: Pursuant to Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and amendments and other laws, orders, and regulations governing discrimination, Navarro College is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, or genetic information. Navarro College will make reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities.
To apply for this job please visit navarro.interviewexchange.com.