Reports To: Athletic Coordinator
Duty Days: 187 Days
Wage/Hour Status: Exempt
Pay Grade: I00 – Teacher Salary + Stipend
Texas teacher certification
Texas eligible licensed trainer
The Head Athletic Trainer shall manage and supervise the coordination of coverage, treatment, rehabilitation and physician referral for all athletic and designated UIL programs.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate coverage for all home athletic events and practices.
- Coordinate coverage of all varsity football games.
- Coordinate coverage for all playoff games or events.
- Coordinate coverage for Jr. High football, track, and other Jr. High athletic events as deemed necessary by the Athletic Director.
- Supervise the assistant athletic trainer.
- Organization and monitoring of UIL required physical examinations for all athletics 7-12.
- Distribute to athletes and coaches all necessary UIL medical paperwork.
- Supervise the work of student assistants.
- Follow and enforce district Sports Medicine policies.
- Perform other duties assigned by the Athletic Coordinator.
Exercise equipment and devices including stationary bikes, pulleys, weights, whirlpool, paraffin bath, ultrasound equipment, and cold packs.
Maintain emotional control under stress. Continual walking and standing; moderate lifting and carrying; stooping, bending, kneeling, and reaching. Work outside (exposure to sun, heat, cold, and inclement weather) and inside. Exposed to biological hazards, bacteria, and communicable diseases. Frequent district wide and state wide travel; frequent prolonged and irregular hours.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned tot his job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.
Assistant Athletic Director
To apply for this job email your details to JustinLLanders@KATYISD.ORG