Posting ID 573
Description HARLANDALE INDEPENDENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT
Job Title: Athletic Trainer Status: Exempt
Reports to: Athletic Director
Plan, coordinate, and supervise all components of the athletic training program for
student athletes. Work under the direction of the team physician to prevent,
recognize, assess, manage, treat, and recondition athletic injuries and illnesses.
Valid license from Texas Advisory Board of Athletic Trainers
Current adult cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and automated external
defibrillator (AED) certification
Knowledge of therapeutic modalities and injury prevention
Ability to provide emergency care and rehabilitation for student athletic injuries
Ability to instruct and supervise student athletes and assistants
Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Plan and implement a comprehensive athletic injury and illness prevention
program for student athletes.
2. Provide physical conditioning training to student athletes.
3. Attend practice sessions and athletic contests and prepare athletes using
protective techniques and devices as needed.
4. Provide emergency or continued care and refer athletes to physician for
definitive diagnosis and treatment.
5. Detect and resolve risks to athletes and determine continued participation in
6. Develop and establish specific procedures to be carried out in the event of a
7. Provide health care information and counsel and instruct student athletes on
subject matter related to athletic training.
8. Establish and maintain effective communication with students, parents,
medical and paramedical personnel, coaches, and other staff.
9. Plan and implement a comprehensive rehabilitation and reconditioning
program for injuries and illnesses sustained by student athletes.
Page 2 of 2
10. Determine therapeutic goals and objectives for individual athletes, apply
therapeutic modalities, and instruct athletes on proper use of exercise
11. Fit injured athletes with specialized equipment and oversee its use.
12. Evaluate and record rehabilitation progress of athletes. Develop criteria for
progression and return to practice and competition.
13. Follow and enforce professional, ethical, and legal parameters regarding use
of drugs and therapeutic agents for treatment and rehabilitation of injured
14. Coordinate scheduling of athletic physical examinations and screening.
15. Select, train, and supervise student assistants.
16. Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents including
medical, accident, and treatment records as required.
17. Maintain an inventory of training supplies and equipment. Requisition
additional supplies as needed.
Direct the work of student assistants.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Tools/Equipment Used: Exercise equipment and devices including stationary bike,
pulleys, weights, whirlpool, paraffin bath, ultrasound equipment, and cold packs;
automated external defibrillator (AED)
Posture: Prolonged standing; frequent kneeling/squatting, bending/stooping,
pushing/pulling, and twisting
Motion: Continual walking; moderate reaching
Lifting: Moderate lifting and carrying
Environment: Work outside (exposure to sun, heat, cold, and inclement weather)
and inside; exposure to noise; exposure to biological hazards, bacteria, and
communicable diseases; frequent districtwide and statewide travel
Mental Demands: Maintain emotional control under stress; frequent prolonged and
EVALUATION: Performance of this position will be evaluated in accordance with
provisions of the Harlandale Independent School District Board of Education Policy
on Evaluation of Personnel.
Shift Type Full-Time
Salary Range $60,782.00 – $84,804.00 / Per Year
Location Harlandale HS
Contact: Albert Torres at email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org