Head Athletic Trainer – CYPRESS PARK HIGH SCHOOL
1. Bachelor’s degree or higher from a recognized, accredited college or university; 2. Licensed as an Athletic Trainer by the Texas Department of Health;
3. National Athletic Trainers’ Association certification preferred;
4. Valid Texas teaching certificate preferred;
5. Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Probationary/Term Contract: 187 days
Pay Grade T60 (Teacher Classification) as approved by the Board of Trustees
Additional athletic stipend as approved
- Work under the direct supervision of the team physician(s), implement the following: a. management of acute injury or illness to athletes
b. rehabilitation procedures
c. operation of therapeutic devices and equipment
d. application of braces, guards, tape and other devices e. referrals to the physician, health services, or hospital f. maintain medical records on athletes
g. coordination of annual athletic physicals.
- Plan and implement a comprehensive athletic injury and illness prevention program for
- Attend practice sessions and athletic contests as assigned by athletic director.
- Establish and maintain effective communication with students, parents, medical and
paramedical personnel, coaches, and other staff.
- Provide physical conditioning training to student athletes.
- Prepare athletes for games and practices by conducting evaluations and using tape, wraps,
splints, braces, and other protective devices as needed.
7. Respond to emergencies, identify acute injuries, make quick independent judgments, and provide first-aid triage including assessing injuries and deciding whether an athlete should seek further medical attention and should discontinue participation in the athletic event.
8. Establish specific procedures to be carried out by a coach or assistant trainer in the event of a medical emergency.
9. Detect and resolve environmental risks to athletes.
10. Determine therapeutic goals and objectives for individual athletes and plan and implement a comprehensive rehabilitation and reconditioning program for injuries and illnesses sustained by student athletes.
11. Apply therapeutic modalities and instruct athletes on proper use of exercise equipment.
12. Select, train, and supervise student assistants.
13. Assist in revising and implementing annual sports medicine program budget.
14. May conduct annual CPR, AED, and first aid training and recertification of district personnel. 15. Compile, maintain, and file all physical and computerized reports, records, and other documents including medical, accident and treatment records as required.
16. Oversee training room operations including maintaining inventory of training supplies and equipment. Requisition additional supplies as needed.
17. Regular and reliable attendance is an essential job function.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Cypress-Fairbanks Independent School District Head Athletic Trainer – CYPRESS PARK HIGH SCHOOL (7035)
Shift Type Salary Range Location
Tools/Equipment Used: Athletic equipment, standard office equipment including computer and peripherals, and other instructional equipment; automated external defibrillator (AED); operate school bus
Posture: Prolonged standing; kneeling, squatting, bending, and stooping; frequent driving; moderate grasping/ squeezing, wrist flexion/extension, and reaching
Motion: Frequent walking and physical movements associated with sport(s) assigned
Lifting: Frequently light lifting (less than 15 pounds); occasional moderate lifting or carrying (15- 44 pounds)
Environment: Work outside (exposure to sun, heat, cold, and inclement weather) and inside; frequent exposure to noise; frequent district-wide and state-wide travel; frequent prolonged and irregular hours; moderate exposure to vehicle fumes and work around moving vehicles
Mental Demands: Maintain emotional control under stress
Applications will be reviewed.
Not all applicants will be interviewed.
Hiring Managers may choose to email you regarding this application. Please monitor your email regularly for any communication.
BECOME A TEACHER IN TEXAS:
Alain Dorval LAT
Cypress Park HS
7425 Westgreen Blvd , Cypress 77433
To apply for this job email your details to Alain.firstname.lastname@example.org