Texas State University
Texas State University
Athletic Training Graduate Assistant Positions
Texas State University (TXST) is seeking qualified applicants for our graduate assistant positions for the 2022-2023 academic year. Applicants should be highly motivated, BOC certified, or BOC certification-eligible students interested in pursuing a Master of Science degree in Exercise Science (ES). Choose from three different ES concentrations: Health and Rehabilitation Sciences, Strength & Conditioning and Sport Coaching, and Physical Activity Literacy.
We will have approximately 13 positions of varying contract lengths available for 2022-2023 academic year. Our graduate assistant vacancies for 2022-2023 are as follows
- Public High School/Middle School
- Texas State University Athletics (NCAA DI)
- Austin FC
The Graduate Assistant Athletic Trainer must be accepted into a Graduate Program before the graduate assistantship can be formally offered.* Selected applicants will be eligible for a stipend that will range between $13,700 and $15,200. We anticipate a 3% increase in stipends for the 2022-2023 academic year. These positions do not include a tuition waiver but will allow out-of-state students to pay in-state tuition (a savings of approximately 50%). The applicant will be responsible for the cost of any fees associated with the program. This position is renewable for the 2nd academic year conditional upon satisfactory performance, availability of funds and adherence to all TXST academic requirements and employment protocols.
*Verbal graduate assistantship offers may be made prior to acceptance into TXST Graduate School; however, these offers will depend on final transcripts and acceptance into the Graduate College.
Quick Facts about Texas State University
- With an enrollment of approximately 39,000 students, Texas State University is the 5th largest university in Texas, and among the top 50 largest universities in the United States.
- Our Master of Science in Exercise Sports Science program is hosted by the Department of Health and Human Performance, one of the largest departments on campus, with more than 3,000 undergraduate and graduate students.
Program Requirements/Clinical Assistantship Specifications
All applicants to this program must complete an online Application for Fall 2022 admissions to be considered for a athletic training graduate assistantship. Our entire application process is paperless, so applicants must upload all required application documents as PDFs to the server hosted by the Texas State University Graduate College. Here is the web address for the Texas State Graduate College’s webpage to start that process (please note the Step 1 through Step 4 icons that progress sequentially across in the middle of this page): http://www.gradcollege.txstate.edu/programs.html
After all admission materials have been received by Texas State University’s Graduate College an admission recommendation will be made by the program’s graduate faculty. Application review will start immediately, and early submissions are encouraged. The number of applications will influence response time for decisions. After an application decision has been made, the applicant will receive an email notification from the Office of the Graduate College indicating the admission decision. Admission to the TXST ES Graduate program is required for GA position consideration, but does not guarantee an applicant will be awarded an assistantship position.
Athletic Training Graduate Assistant Position requirements are based upon the following criteria.
- Degree from a CAATE-accredited athletic training program
- Applicants applying for the graduate assistantship must possess a minimum cumulative undergraduate grade point average of 3.0 GPA over the last 60 semester hours.
- Applicants must be a BOC certified athletic trainer or eligible for BOC certification and Texas licensure as an athletic trainer https://www.tdlr.texas.gov/at/at.htm.
- Pre-requisites into the program include 3 out of the 4 courses: Biomechanics, Exercise Physiology, Motor Learning, and Anatomy
- CPR/AED/First-Aid certified
- Excellent understanding of advanced athletic training and knowledge of rehabilitation protocol.
Texas State University is a minority-majority campus and has federal recognition as a Hispanic Serving Institution. We are committed to building a diverse university community and encourage members of underrepresented groups to apply.
- Early consideration will be given to complete applications submitted by Nov. 1, 2021. We will accept applications until February 1st, 2022. Applications received after this date will be accepted but are not guaranteed full consideration for GA positions.
- Applications must be complete by the priority deadline (January 15, 2022) to be considered for certain types of funding (https://www.gradcollege.txstate.edu/funding.html).
- All application materials must be submitted to the TXST Graduate College through the online portal. Application materials sent directly to TXST faculty or staff will not be accepted.
- Interested applicants should be prepared to submit the following:
- Application fee
- Transcripts & GPA
- Statement of purpose
- 3 letters of recommendation (2 academic references)
- Application information can be found here: https://www.gradcollege.txstate.edu/programs/exercise-science.html
- The TXST Graduate College will not begin admitting students for the fall 2022 until January 15, 2022; however, highly competitive students may be invited for an interview prior to admittance to the Graduate College.
For additional information or questions please contact:
Britney K. Webb
Texas State University
601 University Dr
San Marcos, TX 78666
Texas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the Texas State University to prohibit discrimination in admissions, educational programs and employment, and in the provision of services on the basis of legally protected class characteristics (unless there is a bona fide occupational qualification related to employment), or any other unlawful factor. Protected class characteristics include race, color, ethnicity, religion, age, creed, ancestry, workplace hazards to reproductive systems, sex (gender identity, gender expression, sexual harassment), marital status, civil union status, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, national origin, physical/mental/learning disability, veteran status and any other group protected by civil rights laws.
To apply for this job please visit www.gradcollege.txstate.edu.