Field Service Representative – Temple, Texas
We are seeking a dedicated, talented individual with an athletic training background to join DJO as a Field Service Rep in Temple, TX. This is a great opportunity to work in a clinical setting for the leader in orthopedic bracing with brands such as DonJoy, Aircast, Procare, and Exos. Don’t miss this great opportunity to start your career with an industry leader!
- Provides customer service to clinics, physicians, therapists, and patients.
- Responds to questions, issues, and problems of moderate to complex scope.
- Serves as a liaison between customer and sales.
- Educates and trains office staff to maintain inventory in accordance with OSHA regulations.
- Manages product mix of franchise vs. non-franchise to designated level.
- Responsible for coordinating required audits of inventory as set forth by the DJOHS management team.
- Handles all defective products and returns them to DJO for replacement.
- Instructs office staff on how to handle, document, and reissue products in the case of defective products.
- Ensures proper completion of DJO measuring forms and Insurance Billing Information forms for functional brace fitting.
- Works within EMRs to access appropriate patient information for billing, as well as to read and understand medical records.
- Educates and completes insurance verifications of benefits.
- Completes and delivers appropriate documentation to billing department, following all necessary compliance and regulatory processes.
- Obtains Certificate of Medical Necessity forms and chart notes as necessary and forwards to the Billing Department.
- Responsible for pre-authorization of claims as required by individual insurance contracts.
- Responsible for proper fitting and instructions of soft goods, bracing, bone growth stimulation, and all other DJO products dispensed at clinics.
- Performs functional brace measuring and fitting as prescribed by the physicians of the clinic.
- Coordinates with patients for follow-up fitting appointments as necessary.
- Responsible for educating staff members to DJOHS policies/procedures.
- Identifies infection control area(s) for product disposal and educates staff of area requirements.
- Adheres to all internal Corporate Compliance guidelines and government healthcare regulations, in addition to the policies and procedures set forth by the clinic or hospital administration.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a hospital, healthcare facility/clinic or office, or as an independent contractor working directly in the care of the orthopedic patient, or related experience required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field required.
- Must satisfy third-party credentialing requirements in order to gain access to assigned hospital location(s).
- Experience dealing with multiple physicians in a high-volume clinic required.
- Holds a Board of Certification (BOC) with appropriate state regulatory agency strongly preferred. BOC includes Certified Athletic Trainer, Physical Therapy Certification, Orthopedic Technology Certification, or related.
- Previous experience with inventory management programs and EMRs strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with the application of soft goods/functional bracing preferred.
- May be required to travel up to 75% of the time, but overnight travel is not required.
- Must be willing to travel to various local clinic sites, using own transportation, upon request as dictated by territory.
- Work Environment and Physical Demands
- Field based (i.e. physician’s offices, hospitals, clinics, etc.).
- Physical Demands: Must frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Office deskwork requiring sitting, walking, using phone and computer.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ABOUT DJO GLOBAL
DJO Global is a leading global developer, manufacturer and distributor of high-quality medical devices that provide solutions for musculoskeletal health, vascular health and pain management. Our products address the continuum of patient care from injury prevention to rehabilitation after surgery, injury or from degenerative disease, enabling people to regain or maintain their natural motion. Our products are used by orthopedic specialists, spine surgeons, primary care physicians, pain management specialists, physical therapists, podiatrists, chiropractors, athletic trainers and other healthcare professionals. In addition, many of our medical devices and related accessories are used by athletes and patients for injury prevention and at-home physical therapy treatment. Product lines include rigid and soft orthopedic bracing, hot and cold therapy, bone growth stimulators, vascular therapy systems and compression garments, therapeutic shoes and inserts, electrical stimulators used for pain management and physical therapy products. Our surgical division offers a comprehensive suite of reconstructive joint products for the hip, knee and shoulder. Our products are marketed under a portfolio of brands including Aircast®, Chattanooga, CMF™, Compex®, DonJoy®, ProCare®, Exos™, Dr. Comfort®, DonJoy Performance® and DJO® Surgical.
For additional information on the Company, please visit www.DJOglobal.com.
DJO is a growing subsidiary of diversified technology leader Colfax Corporation
EOE AA M/F/VET/Disability
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
To apply for this job please visit colfax.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.