Victoria West High School
Co-Head Position that also teaches Sports Med.
Primary Location VICTORIA WEST HS
Salary Range Per Month
Shift Type Full-Time
REQUIRED: Bachelor’s degree; Texas Athletic Training License; CPR/AED certification, Sport Medicine Instructor certified or willing to obtain
PREFERRED: NATABOC Certified Athletic Trainer; CPR/AED Instructor certification, 3+ years’ experience
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in the planning and implementation of a comprehensive athletic injury and illness prevention program for student athletes and fine arts students (Band, Dance, and Color Guard)
- Assist in providing rehabilitation and training to student athletes and fine art students.
- Attend practice sessions and athletic contests for high school and middle schools
- Arrange and organize middle school treatments as well as other middle school duties as assigned.
- Provide emergency or continued care and refer athletes to physicians for definitive diagnosis and treatment.
- Detect and resolve risks to athletes and determine continued participation in athletic events.
- Assist in developing, establishing, and following specific procedures to be carried out in the event of a medical emergency.
- Assist in providing health care information and counsel and instruct student athletes on subject matter related to athletic training.
- Establish and maintain effective communication with students, parents, medical and paramedical personnel, coaches, and other staff.
- Assist in planning and implementing a comprehensive rehabilitation and reconditioning program for injuries and illnesses sustained by student athletes.
- Assist in determining therapeutic goals and objectives for individual athletes, apply therapeutic modalities, and instruct athletes on proper use of exercise equipment.
- Assist in fitting injured athletes with specialized equipment and oversee its use.
- Evaluate and record rehabilitation progress of athletes. Assist in developing criteria for progression and return to practice and competition.
- Follow and enforce professional, ethical, and legal parameters regarding use of drugs and therapeutic agents for treatment and rehabilitation of injured athletes.
- Assist in coordination of scheduling of athletic physical examinations and screenings.
- Assist in selection, education, training, and supervision of student assistants in a high school and middle school settings.
- Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents including medical, accident, and treatment records as required.
- Assist in maintaining an inventory of training supplies and equipment.
- Assist in CPR, concussion, and RankOne training for coaches and maintain records of those training sessions.
- Maintain personal CPR certification and National Certification/Texas Athletic Training Licensure.
- Additional duties as deemed necessary by the campus coordinators, principals, and athletic director
- Ability to sit, stand, move about an office or building.
- Employee will drive a vehicle to and from various functions and meetings.
- Employee occasionally lifts materials weighing 10-30 pounds and climbs in order to reach cabinets.
- Employee bends and squats in order to file or retrieve information.
- Employee must have fine motor skills to operate a computer and camera.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.
Job Contact Information
Ronald Davis LAT
Victoria West High School
Office 361-788-2898 ext 39188
To apply for this job please visit visd.tedk12.com.