Victoria East High School
Victoria East High School – Victoria ISD Co-Head Athletic Trainer
JOB TITLE: CO-HEAD ATHLETIC TRAINER
COMPENSATION: TEACHER SALARY SCHEDULE (207 days) + STIPEND
REQUIRED: Bachelor’s degree; Texas Athletic Training License; CPR/AED certification, Sport Medicine Instructor certified or willing to obtain
PREFERRED: NATABOC Certified Athletic Trainer; CPR/AED Instructor certification, 3+ years’ experience
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in the planning and implementation of a comprehensive athletic injury and illness prevention program for student athletes and fine arts students (Band, Dance, and Color Guard)
- Assist in providing rehabilitation and training to student athletes and fine art students.
- Attend practice sessions and athletic contests for high school and middle schools
- Arrange and organize middle school treatments as well as other middle school duties as assigned.
- Provide emergency or continued care and refer athletes to physicians for definitive diagnosis and treatment.
- Detect and resolve risks to athletes and determine continued participation in athletic events.
- Assist in developing, establishing, and following specific procedures to be carried out in the event of a medical emergency.
- Assist in providing health care information and counsel and instruct student athletes on subject matter related to athletic training.
- Establish and maintain effective communication with students, parents, medical and paramedical personnel, coaches, and other staff.
- Assist in planning and implementing a comprehensive rehabilitation and reconditioning program for injuries and illnesses sustained by student athletes.
- Assist in determining therapeutic goals and objectives for individual athletes, apply therapeutic modalities, and instruct athletes on proper use of exercise equipment.
- Assist in fitting injured athletes with specialized equipment and oversee its use.
- Evaluate and record rehabilitation progress of athletes. Assist in developing criteria for progression and return to practice and competition.
- Follow and enforce professional, ethical, and legal parameters regarding use of drugs and therapeutic agents for treatment and rehabilitation of injured athletes.
- Assist in coordination of scheduling of athletic physical examinations and screenings.
- Assist in selection, education, training, and supervision of student assistants in a high school and middle school settings.
- Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents including medical, accident, and treatment records as required.
- Assist in maintaining an inventory of training supplies and equipment.
- Assist in CPR, concussion, and RankOne training for coaches and maintain records of those training sessions.
- Maintain personal CPR certification and National Certification/Texas Athletic Training Licensure.
- Additional duties as deemed necessary by the campus coordinators, principals, and athletic director
Application is located at www.visd.net
PLEASE SEND RESUME, COVER LETTER, AND REFERENCES TO:
Leigh Muil, LAT
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com