|Job Title:||Co-Head Athletic Trainer||Wage/Hour Status: Exempt|
|Reports to:||Athletic Director||Pay Grade: Teacher Scale|
Plan, coordinate, and supervise all components of athletic training program for student athletes. Also work underthe direction of team physician to carry out activities in the following areas: prevention, evaluation, emergencytreatment, physical reconditioning, and rehabilitation of injuries.
Valid license from Texas Advisory Board of Athletic Trainers
TEA Sports Medicine Course Certification or willing to obtain
Ability to provide injury prevention and rehabilitation services Ability toprovide emergency care
Knowledge of therapeutic modalities and ability to apply appropriate treatment to treat student
Ability to instruct and supervise student athletes and assistants Excellentorganizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
At least one year experience as an athletic trainer or approved internship
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Plan and implement a comprehensive athletic injury and illness prevention program for student
- Attend practice sessions and athletic contests as assigned by athletic
- Establish and maintain effective communication with students, parents, medical and paramedicalpersonnel, coaches, and other
- Provide physical conditioning training to student
- Fit injured athletes with specialized equipment and oversee its
- Prepare athletes for games and practices by conducting evaluations and using tape, wraps, splints, braces,and other protective devices as
- Respond to emergencies and make quick, independent judgments about how to deal with inju
- Identify acute injuries and provide first-aid triage, including assessing injuries and deciding whether an athleteshould seek further medical attention and should discontinue participation in the athletic
- Establish specific procedures to be carried out by a coach or student trainer in the event of a medicalemergency.
- Detect and resolve environmental risks to
- Plan and put in place a comprehensive rehabilitation and reconditioning program for injuries and illnessessustained by student
- Determine therapeutic goals and objectives for individual
- Apply therapeutic modalities and instruct athletes on proper use of exercise
- Evaluate and record rehabilitation progress of athl Develop criteria for progression and return to practiceand competition.
- Follow professional, ethical, and legal parameters regarding use of drugs and therapeutic agents for treatmentand rehabilitation of injured
- Coordinate scheduling of athletic physical examinations and screeni
- Select, train, and supervise student
- Compile, maintain, and file all physical and computerized reports, records, and other documents includingmedical, accident, and treatment records as
- Maintain an inventory of training supplies and equipm Requisition additional supplies as needed.
Supervise the work of student assistants.
Exercise equipment and devices including stationary bike, pulleys, weights, hydrotherapy, ultrasound/electrical stimulation equipment, and hot/cold packs.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Maintain emotional control under stress. Continual walking and standing; moderate lifting and carrying; stooping,bending, kneeling, and reaching. Work outside (exposure to sun, heat, cold, and
inclement weather) and inside. Exposure to biological hazards, bacteria, and communicable diseases. Frequentdistrict wide and statewide travel; frequent prolonged and irregular hours.
Interested Candidates apply online at:
To apply for this job please visit sisdk12.edlioschool.com.