Website Sam Houston State University
Position Title – Clinical Assistant Professor of Kinesiology (Athletic Training)
Salary Type – Yearly-Faculty
Hiring Salary – Commensurate with education and experience.
College – College of Health Sciences
Department – Department of Kinesiology
Quicklink – http://shsu.peopleadmin.com/postings/23821
Refer Applicants To
Contact Name: Sharlyn Wagner
Assistant to the Chair
Department of Kinesiology
Sam Houston State University
801 Bowers Blvd
Huntsville, TX 77340
Contact Phone: 936-294-2266
Contact Email: email@example.com
Duties Performed in the Usual Course of the Job
The Department of Kinesiology at Sam Houston State University (SHSU) invites applications from a diverse group of qualified applicants for a Clinical Assistant Professor of Kinesiology (Athletic Training). The Athletic Training Program is in the proposal process to transition to a proposed Master of Science in Athletic Training (MSAT) degree. Once approved, the program anticipates the entry of a first cohort of graduate students in summer 2021.
The Clinical Assistant Professor will teach courses in the CAATE accredited Athletic Training Program. This is a non-tenure track position with an opportunity for renewal. Additionally, this individual will serve as the Clinical Education Coordinator for the Athletic Training Program and will coordinate the clinical education component of the program. Job duties include coordinating student clinical progression, clinical site evaluations, evaluation of students in their clinical settings, preceptor training, and evaluation of preceptors; develop and foster relationships across a variety of clinical sites; maintain and ensure compliance of CAATE standards regarding clinical education and clinical experiences; use contemporary expertise to inform instruction and coursework in respective teaching areas; mentor and advise athletic training students and pre-professional athletic training students; enhance professional attributes of students; maintain excellence in teaching and service to the department and university; and other duties as assigned by the administration.
The Department of Kinesiology at SHSU seeks to recruit and retain a diverse faculty. Qualified applicants with experience in diverse settings and/or who demonstrate a commitment to serving diverse student populations are strongly encouraged to apply.
Review of applications will begin March 30. Position open until filled.
Educational Requirements for the Position
– Master’s degree in Athletic Training, Kinesiology, or related field of study.
– Certified and in good standing with the Board of Certification (BOC).
– Texas State License or Eligible.
– Doctoral degree, ABD, or Doctoral degree in progress in Athletic Training, Kinesiology, or related field of study.
Experience Required for the Position
– A minimum of 1-2 years of teaching experience at the University/College level within a CAATE accredited program.
– Excellence in teaching and service.
– Experience with CAATE accreditation standards.
– More than three years of teaching experience at the University/College level, experience as a Clinical Education Coordinator, Clinical Preceptor and/or instructional faculty within a CAATE Accredited Program.
– Experience teaching at the Masters degree level.
– Experience teaching within a CAATE Accredited Professional Masters Program.
– Experience with CAATE substantive change process.
– Demonstrated experience working with diverse populations.
This position remains open until filled.
Sam Houston State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Plan Employer and Smoke/Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, ancestry, marital status, citizenship, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, or gender identity. Sam Houston State University is an “at will” employer. Security sensitive positions at SHSU require background checks in accordance with Education Code 51.215.
To apply for this job please visit shsu.edu.