Texas Children's Hospital
We are searching for an Athletic Trainer — someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will provide high-quality Orthopedic and Sports Medicine Services and act as a liaison to the community coaches, athletic trainers, and school nurses. To function effectively as a member of the Orthopedic and Sports Medicine team. To proactively support efforts that ensure the delivery of safe patient care and services and promote a safe environment. To provide family-centered care to a culturally diverse population in a manner that is age and developmentally appropriate.
Think you’ve got what it takes? Apply at https://www.texaschildrenspeople.org/career/?job_id=30475
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Assesses patients. Ensures that the assessment includes a systematic approach, patient’s condition, developmental age, current practice standards of the specialty unit, and adherence to clinic scope. Incorporates data from the patient, family, laboratory, and other medical reports
- Coordinates the plans of care. Collaborates with the patient, family, and members of the health care team to establish desired outcomes and to meet immediate and future health care needs
- Implements the plan of care. Analyzes situations and anticipates problems
- Evaluates plan of care. Evaluates and document patient responses to care provided and recognizes the patient’s progress towards meeting desired outcomes and motivate their exercise adherence.
- Educates patients and families. Promotes continuity of patient care through the education of patients, families, and health care team in self-care, health promotion, and disease prevention
- Demonstrates positive and effective interpersonal skills, communication, and customer service skills. Demonstrates positive and effective interpersonal skills when dealing with patients, families, visitors, peers, and other healthcare team members to generate a feeling of trust and caring
- Manages time and resources in a cost-effective manner. Maintains accurate accounting of time worked, location, and activity
- Maintains professional development of self and participates in the development of others. Acquires new knowledge and utilizes new skills needed to improve the individual, team, and organizational performance
- Community Representation. Speak with patients, family, community, and health care providers about Sports Medicine services, Texas Children’s Hospital, the Health Plan, and all facets of our organization
Skills & Requirements
- Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s unless approved for a medical or religious exemption
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Licenses/Certifications: AT – Lic-Athletic Trainers by the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation, BLS – Cert-Basic Life Support by the American Heart Association
- 2 years licensed athletic training experience
To apply for this job please visit www.texaschildrenspeople.org.