St. Marks School of Dallas
Available Position: Athletic Trainer
Department: Athletic Department
Date Posted: November 11, 2019
Start Date: August 2020
About St. Mark’s
Founded in 1906, St. Mark’s School of Texas is a non-sectarian, college-preparatory, independent day school for boys in grades one through twelve. The School’s charter states that it is “designed to afford its students well-rounded physical, intellectual, moral, and religious training and instruction.” The School is intended to be a diverse community of teachers and students who share a love of learning and who strive for high achievement in whatever they undertake.
St. Mark’s aims to prepare young men to assume leadership and responsibility in a competitive and changing world. To this end, the School professes and upholds certain values. These values include the discipline of postponing immediate gratification in the interests of earning eventual, hard-won satisfaction; the responsibility of defending one’s own ideas, of respecting the views of others, and of accepting the consequences for one’s own actions; and an appreciation for the lively connection between knowledge and responsibility and the obligation to serve.
St. Mark’s School of Texas seeks an energetic and dynamic Athletic Trainer for the 2020-2021 school year. The Athletic Trainer’s primary responsibility will be to work with the Head Athletic Trainer to provide student athletes with care and management of injuries and illnesses including but not limited to prevention, evaluation, and rehabilitation during each of the athletic seasons. Additionally, the Athletic Trainer will coordinate with the Head Athletic Trainer to provide adequate athletic training coverage for all athletic contests throughout the year in order to meet the needs of all St. Mark’s athletic teams. The most competitive candidates will combine substantive athletic training experience with strong diagnostic skills, good judgement, and an enthusiasm for working with kids in an educational environment.
- Provide daily preventative care to athletes in the St. Mark’s athletic program and provide rehabilitation plans to support each athlete’s recovery from minor injuries and ailments
- Attend athletic contests as directed by the Head Athletic Trainer and Athletic Director to provide adequate support to the St. Mark’s athletic program
- Teach physical education courses as needed
- Participate in the St. Mark’s Wilderness Program as the schedule allows
Experience / Qualifications & Skills
• A Bachelor of Science is required; Master’s degree preferred
• NATA certified and Texas License qualified
• Additional medical certification welcomed
• Experience working with adolescents in school settings a plus
Qualified candidates should visit our website to complete an online application including a letter of interest and resume.
10600 Preston Road • Dallas, Texas 75230-4047 • 214.346.8000 • smtexas.org
To apply for this job please visit smtexas.org.