Pasadena Dobie High School
JOB TITLE: Athletic Trainer/Sports Medicine Teacher
Location: J. Frank Dobie High School
10220 Blackhawk Blvd.
Houston, TX 77089
DUTY DAYS: 187 Days
PAY GRADE: T07-T08
SALARY SCHEDULE: Click for Salary Schedule + Days + Stipend
JOB ID: 1594
APPLY: Click Here
Send Resume to: Matt Thomas, District Athletic Trainer firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or certification to meet TEA requirements
- Texas Licensed Athletic Trainer (LAT)
- Board of Certification (ATC), preferred
- TSATA Sports Medicine Certified Instructor
- Texas Teaching Certification preferred
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Treat all minor injuries.
- Work under the direction of the team physician in the treatment of major injuries.
- Keep a record of all injuries and keep a written record of all treatments administered.
- Keep on file physical examination reports signed by physician
- Obtain all information about family insurance and athletic insurance.
- Keep athletic office informed about surgeries and be certain that family insurance claims have been filed when applicable.
- Be responsible for working with and developing the proper relationship with team physicians, coaches, athletes, and family of injured athlete.
- Develop rules for student trainers and managers.
- Develop as many student trainers and managers as possible.
- Develop a daily, weekly, or monthly work schedule for all student trainers and managers.
- Always contact parents to give extent of injury and keep them informed.
- Always check with the physician when in doubt about an injury.
- Recognize that the team physician has the final say concerning an athlete’s physical ability to participate.
- Make sure that parents understand policy concerning injury, payment, insurance and team physician.
- Report any playing hazards found in practice or play areas
- Keep inventory of all trainer’s supplies.
- Prepare annual requests for new and additional trainer’s supplies to be submitted to the athletic director.
- Be present at all high school football practice sessions, varsity football games, and athletic contests as assigned by the coordinator and the athletic director.
- Treat injuries of students in all sports with equal enthusiasm, always strive to maintain a close harmonious working relationship with coaches and athletes of all sports.
Ability to communicate effectively (verbal); maintain emotional control under stress; interpret policy, procedures, and data;
Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Frequent prolonged and irregular hours; prolonged use of computer; steady phone interactions; moderate standing, walking, and bending.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com