Sideline Orthopedics and Sports
Athletic Trainer – GREAT BENEFITS
Are you looking for a rewarding career with family-friendly hours and top-notch benefits? We’re looking for qualified Athletic Trainers like you to join our Texas Health family.
- Work location: 4401 Park Springs Blvd. Suite 130 Arlington, TX 76017 AND 902 West Randol Mill Rd. Suite 120 Arlington, TX 76102
- Work environment: Orthopedics
- Work hours: Full-time, 40 hours weekly, Monday through Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm
- Salary range: $22.83 – $35.54 per hour (based on relevant experience)
Texas Health Physicians Group (THPG) is a not-for-profit physician organization with more than 250 locations and 800 physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants dedicated to providing quality care in clinics and medical offices throughout North Texas.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (Required)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Kinesiology, Sports Medicine or related field is (Required)
- LAT- Licensed Athletic Trainer within Texas (Required)
- National Athletic Trainer Association (NATA) Board of Certification (BOC) (Preferred)
Position Responsibilities The Athletic Trainer shall, under the direction/supervision of the physician, perform as an Allied Health Professional within their scope of practice as outlined by the Texas department of licensing and regulations. Is responsible for safe and effective direct delivery of patient care. Including but not limited to: assessment, testing, care planning, triage, casting, rehabilitation, coordinating patient services, instructing self-care, pre and post-surgical treatment/education, home programs, and other athletic training and/or physician-directed services.
In addition to the required qualifications, a successful Athletic Trainer will
- Assists in the treatment and/or prevention of injuries by treating chronic or minor injuries and related disabilities to maintain patients’ wellness.Performs physical exam of the patient to estimate severity of injury including learning about chief complaint. Case presentation to physician with pertinent, objective information determined during history and exam. Under direction of Physician (physician protocol) – Executes treatments and medical interventions; Monitors and documents treatment progress and patient response.
- Collaborates with physicians, physical therapists, athletic trainers, and other applicable providers to evaluate the patient’s physical condition and advise and treat patients to maintain maximum patient wellness or to treat or prevent injury for activities of daily life and/or physical fitness.May prescribe routine and corrective exercises as needed. Provides pre and post-operative treatment including suture/staple removal and general wound care, education and rehabilitation instruction.
- Provides discharge instructions and release paperwork, instructions for home and ongoing care, schedules follow-up visits, and makes referrals to other healthcare providers as prescribed by physician or physician’s assistant.Liaison with other healthcare providers, coaches, and parents.
- Assists with intake of patients including medical history, initial testing, and any other intake requirements relating to office visit.Communicates results of testing to physician. Assists with monitoring/manipulation of provider schedule/template.
- Application, recommendation, fitting, and adjustment of orthopedic cast and braces.
- Participates in special projects or completes other duties as assigned. Including, but not limited to, Sports Medicine Injury clinics, research, “Sideline Coverage”, etc.
Why Texas Health As a Texas Health Athletic Trainer you’ll enjoy top-notch benefits including 401(k) with match, paid time off, competitive health insurance choices, healthcare and dependent care spending account options, wellness programs to keep you and your family healthy, tuition reimbursement, a student loan repayment program and more.
At Texas Health, our people make this a great place to work every day. Our inclusive, supportive, people-first, excellence-driven culture make THPG a great place to work.
Here are a few of our recent awards:
- 2021 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (7th year in a row)
- Becker’s Healthcare “150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare” (4 years running)
- “America’s Best Employers for Diversity” list by Forbes
- A “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials” by Fortune and Great Place to Work®
Additional perks of being a THPG Athletic Trainer
- Gain a sense of accomplishment by contributing in a teamwork environment
- Positively impact patients’ quality of life
- Receive excellent mentorship, comprehensive training and dedicated clinical leadership resources
- Enjoy opportunities for growth
Apply Now link: https://www.applytracking.com/tp/rj6-3I3sf-e_K
QUESTIONS? Please contact Michelle Holt, firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.texashealth.org.