John Jay High School
John Jay High School Northside ISD, San Antonio
POSITION TITLE: Athletic Trainer
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree
CERTIFICATION/LICENSES: BOC certified and possess state athletic training licensure
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Applied Knowledge: Athletic trainers must have knowledge about a large range of
medical problems. Assessment and evaluation skills and working with other healthcare
professionals will be needed.
• Decision-Making Skills: Ability to think critically and make independent decisions
regarding the assessment, treatment, rehabilitation and return to play decisions per
state licensure guidelines.
• Attention to Detail: should be thorough and detailed with injury tracking and
• Interpersonal Skills: Ability to communicate effectively in high stress/pressure situation
when talking to patients, medical professionals, staff and families.
• Must have the ability to organize, prioritize and perform multiple tasks with little or no
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBLITIES:
• Provide coverage at campus athletic events and scheduled Varsity events.
• Help develop comprehensive venue and condition specific emergency action plans.
• Help facilitate an athletic training student-aide program in accordance with the
school’s clubs and activities guidelines and state law.
• Teach Sports Medicine classes
• Establish a working relationship with a designated team physician and community
• Establish a working relationship with school nursing staff.
• Maintain adequate medical records on all injuries and rehabilitation procedures.
• Comply with any and all district and campus policies.
• Develop coach’s professional development for CPR/AED.
Work is medium demand. Lifting 100 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects.
Medium strength is required to position patients for examination. May assist patients as needed,
helping them on and off the exam table and/or bed. Must be able to work in outdoor conditions.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFYING FACTORS
• TSATA Sports Medicine Instructor Certification
• Familiarity with RankOne is preferred but not required.
Please send resume and professional references to Head Football Coach/Athletic Coordinator, Gary Gutierrez.
To apply for this job email your details to Gary.firstname.lastname@example.org