San Angelo ISD
San Angelo Independent School District Job Description
|Job Title:||Athletics Trainer|
|Reports To:||Executive Director of Athletics|
Plan, coordinate and supervise all components of athletic training program for student athletes. Under the direction of a physician, carry out activities in the areas of: prevention, evaluation, emergency treatment, physical reconditioning, and rehabilitation of injuries.
Valid Texas Teaching Certificate, preferred
Valid license from Texas Advisory Board of Athletic Trainers National Athletic Trainers Association Certification, preferred
Ability to diagnose athletic injuries
Ability to provide injury prevention and rehabilitation services Ability to provide emergency care
Knowledge of therapeutic modalities and ability to apply appropriate treatment to athletic injuries Ability to instruct and supervise student athletes and student trainers
Strong organizational, communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
Two years’ experience as an athletic trainer
Major Responsibilities and Duties Program Management
- 1. Plan and implement a comprehensive athletic injury and illness prevention program for student athletes.
- 2. Respond to emergencies and make quick, independent judgments about injuries.
- 3. Identify acute injuries and provide first-aid triage including assessing injuries and deciding whether an athlete should seek further medical attention and should discontinue participation in the athletic event.
- 4. Maintain accurate records of all injuries and the treatment of all injuries for student athletes.
- 5. Works closely with community physicians and hospitals in scheduling appointments for injured athletes.
- 6. Organize and implement the procedure for athletic physicals.
- 7. Promptly and accurately gather all paperwork on athletes, such as physicals and emergency cards.
- 8. Provide basic instruction to campus athletic staff members in the prevention and care of athletic injuries.
- 9. Enforce team and district rules firmly, consistently, and fairly in the area of student behavior.
- 10. Utilize appropriate procedures for approval of all expenditures and work closely with the athletics department in the budget process.
Rehabilitation and Reconditioning
- 11. Develop and supervise appropriate rehabilitation programs for athletes under the direction of a physician.
- 12. Evaluate and record rehabilitation progress of athletes, develop progression criteria and return to activity.
- 13. Establish and maintain effective communication with students, parents, medical staff, coaches and others.
- 14. Assume responsibility for working with and developing the proper relationship with team physicians, coaches, athletes, and families of injured athletes.
- 15. Keeps athletics department and coaching staff informed of injuries requiring surgery.
- 16. Contribute toward the development of a strong, positive attitude among student trainers and athletes toward the training facilities and the training staff.
- 17. Articulate the district’s mission and goals to the community and solicit community support.
- 18. Select, train and supervise student assistant trainers and schedule student trainers for athletic contests and practices.
- 19. Regularly review the eligibility of student trainers, take appropriate action for ineligible students, and support school efforts to remediate the student.
Salary, $7000, + 20 days
If interested please email your resume to:
Rodney Chant, Executive Director of Athletics
San Angelo ISD
To be considered for an interview you must fill out an application at:
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com