Secondary Athletic Trainer POOL (234)
Job Details: Title Secondary Athletic Trainer POOL
Posting ID 234
Description Job Title: Secondary Athletic Trainer POOL
Reports to: Athletic Director
Plan, coordinate, and supervise all components of the athletic training program for student
athletes. Work under the direction of the team physician to prevent, recognize, assess, manage,
treat, and recondition athletic injuries and illnesses.
Valid license from Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation (TDLR)
Current adult cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and automated external defibrillator (AED)
Knowledge of therapeutic modalities and injury prevention
Ability to provide emergency care and rehabilitation for student athletic injuries
Ability to instruct and supervise student athletes and assistants
Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Plan and implement a comprehensive athletic injury and illness prevention program for
2. Provide physical conditioning training to student athletes.
3. Attend practice sessions and athletic contests and prepare athletes using protective
techniques and devices as needed.
4. Provide emergency or continued care and refer athletes to physician for definitive
diagnosis and treatment.
5. Detect and resolve risks to athletes and determine continued participation in athletic
6. Develop and establish specific procedures to be carried out in the event of a medical
7. Provide health care information and counsel and instruct student athletes on subject
matter related to athletic training.
8. Establish and maintain effective communication with students, parents, medical and
paramedical personnel, coaches, and other staff.
9. Plan and implement a comprehensive rehabilitation and reconditioning program for
injuries and illnesses sustained by student athletes.
Page 2 of 2
10. Determine therapeutic goals and objectives for individual athletes, apply therapeutic
modalities, and instruct athletes on proper use of exercise equipment.
11. Fit injured athletes with specialized equipment and oversee its use.
12. Evaluate and record rehabilitation progress of athletes. Develop criteria for progression
and return to practice and competition.
13. Follow and enforce professional, ethical, and legal parameters regarding use of drugs and
therapeutic agents for treatment and rehabilitation of injured athletes.
14. Coordinate scheduling of athletic physical examinations and screening.
15. Select, train, and supervise student assistants.
16. Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents including medical,
accident, and treatment records as required.
17. Maintain an inventory of training supplies and equipment. Requisition additional supplies
18. Follow district safety protocols and emergency procedures.
Direct the work of student assistants.
Tools/Equipment Used: Exercise equipment and devices including stationary bike, pulleys,
weights, whirlpool, paraffin bath, ultrasound equipment, and cold packs; automated external
Posture: Prolonged standing; frequent kneeling/squatting, bending/stooping, pushing/pulling,
Motion: Continual walking; moderate reaching
Lifting: Frequently moderate lifting or carrying (15-44 pounds)
Environment: Work outside (exposure to sun, heat, cold, and inclement weather) and inside;
exposure to noise; exposure to biological hazards, bacteria, and communicable diseases;
frequent districtwide and statewide travel
Mental Demands: Maintain emotional control under stress; frequent prolonged and irregular
Shift Type Full-Time
Salary Range Per Year
Apply online at: https://romaisd.tedk12.com/hire/ViewJob.aspx?JobID=234#
To apply for this job please visit romaisd.tedk12.com.