Job title: Athletic Trainer
Pay Information: Teacher Compensation Plan + Stipend
Supervisor: Principal, Campus Athletic Coordinator
Minimum Qualifications (Experience/Education/Certification): Bachelor’s degree and valid license from Texas Advisory Board of Athletic Trainers.
1. Plan and implement a comprehensive athletic injury and illness prevention program for student athletes.
2. Attend practice sessions and athletic contests as assigned by athletic coordinator/director.
3. Establish and maintain effective communication with students, parents, medical and paramedical personnel, coaches, and other staff.
4. Prepare athletes for games and practices by conducting evaluations and using tape, wraps, splints, braces, and other protective devices as needed.
5. Identify acute injuries and provide first-aid triage, including assessing injuries and deciding whether an athlete should seek further medical attention and/or should discontinue participation in the athletic event.
6. Respond to emergencies; make quick and independent judgements about how to deal with injuries.
7. Establish specific procedures to be carried out by a coach or student trainer in the event of a medical emergency.
8. Detect and resolve environmental risks to athletes.
9. Plan, implement, and/or maintain a comprehensive rehabilitation and reconditioning program for injuries and illnesses sustained by student athletes.
10. Determine therapeutic goals and objectives for individual athletes.
11. Apply therapeutic modalities and instruct athletes on proper use of exercise equipment.
12. Evaluate and record rehabilitation progress of athletes; develop criteria for progression and return to practice and competition.
13. Follow professional, ethical, and legal parameters regarding use of drugs and therapeutic agents for treatment and rehabilitation of injured athletes.
14. Coordinate scheduling of athletic physical examinations and screening.
15. Select, train, and supervise student assistants.
16. Compile, maintain, and file all physical and computerized reports, records, and other documents including medical, accident, and treatment records as required.
17. Maintain an inventory of training supplies and equipment; requisition additional supplies as needed.
18. Follow Educator Code of Conduct & all policies, procedures, laws and State/Federal regulations.
19. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of all applicable federal, state and local laws, guidelines and procedures
- Knowledge of therapeutic modalities, acceptable injury treatment and/or referral standards and practices
- Knowledge of UIL and NCAA rules and policies
- Knowledge of district training rules, practices, and procedures
- Skill in applying appropriate treatment to treat student athletic injuries
- Skill in communicating effectively with others
- Skill in working with various forms of equipment including, but not limited to, personal computers, fax machines, calculators, printers, stationary bikes, pulleys, weights, whirlpool, paraffin bath, ultrasound equipment, cold packs and other various exercise/athletic equipment
- Skill in working with word processing and spreadsheet computer applications
- Skill in working in collaborative team based environments
Point of Contact: Norma Sierra firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job please visit www.applitrack.com.