North Texas Orthopedics
General Summary: A nonexempt position responsible for the day to day operations of the DME program to ensure patient needs are appropriately met in a cost-efficient manner. You will also be responsible for handling and escalating concerns across several communication channels. To do well in this role you need to be able to remain calm when patients, vendors, and employees experience frustration.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Measure and fit off-the-shelf Orthopedic bracing and other Orthopedic devices. * requires certification. This aspect is not required for this position but would be utilized if applicable.
- Ordering of products, maintaining inventory, and reconciling to make sure all items are billed properly of DME. Confirm collection efforts on billed DME.
- Dispense DME products to include benefit verification authorizations and ordering.
- Effectively manage the input/output of DME revenue.
- Check patient benefits and perform pre-certification for orthopedic products.
- Track and maintain DME product inventory via Vision (Breg DME System).
- Assists staff and physicians in problem solving regarding type of brace and fitting that best suits the patient and their situation.
- Communicate patient questions or concerns regarding Orthopedic products with physician and staff.
- Communicate with product representatives and vendors regarding product complications or issues.
- Act as facilitator for new product that the physician would like to have added to inventory.
- Travel to both locations 2/3 times a week as needed.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- It is an essential function of this job to be kind, respectful and thoughtful to others while you are performing the duties that make up this job.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university in Athletic Training or other health-related field, preferred but not required at this time. With a preference for two or more years of outpatient Orthopedic or durable medical equipment experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Certified Athletic Trainer; but not required
Orthotic Fitter Certification preferred, but not required.
Renee Wornell at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com