Mexia High School
Mexia ISD is looking for a Head Athletic Trainer. Trainer will be in charge of entire district 7-12 relating to all athletic training needs. The position is tied to teaching with sports medicine.
If interested please apply online at Mexiaisd.net or email resume and references to Coach Bond at firstname.lastname@example.org
Plan, coordinate, and supervise all components of the athletic training program for student athletes. Work under the direction of the team physician to prevent, recognize, assess, manage, treat, and recondition athletic injuries and illnesses.
Valid license from Texas Advisory Board of Athletic Trainers
Current adult cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and automated external defibrillator (AED) certification
Knowledge of therapeutic modalities and injury prevention
Ability to provide emergency care and rehabilitation for student athletic injuries
Ability to instruct and supervise student athletes and assistants
Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Experience as an athletic trainer preferred.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Plan and implement a comprehensive athletic injury and illness prevention program for student athletes.
- Provide physical conditioning training to student athletes.
- Attend practice sessions and athletic contests and prepare athletes using protective techniques and devices as needed.
- Provide emergency or continued care and refer athletes to physician for definitive diagnosis and treatment.
- Detect and resolve risks to athletes and determine continued participation in athletic events.
- Develop and establish specific procedures to be carried out in the event of a medical emergency.
- Provide health care information and counsel and instruct student athletes on subject matter related to athletic training.
- Establish and maintain effective communication with students, parents, medical and paramedical personnel, coaches, and other staff.
- Plan and implement a comprehensive rehabilitation and reconditioning program for injuries and illnesses sustained by student athletes.
- Determine therapeutic goals and objectives for individual athletes, apply therapeutic modalities, and instruct athletes on proper use of exercise equipment.
- Fit injured athletes with specialized equipment and oversee its use.
- Evaluate and record rehabilitation progress of athletes. Develop criteria for progression and return to practice and competition.
- Follow and enforce professional, ethical, and legal parameters regarding use of drugs and therapeutic agents for treatment and rehabilitation of injured athletes.
- Coordinate scheduling of athletic physical examinations and screening.
- Select, train, and supervise student assistants.
- Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents including medical, accident, and treatment records as required.
- Maintain an inventory of training supplies and equipment. Requisition additional supplies as needed.
Direct the work of student assistants.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Tools/Equipment Used: Exercise equipment and devices including stationary bike, pulleys, weights, whirlpool, paraffin bath, ultrasound equipment, and cold packs; automated external defibrillator (AED)
Posture: Prolonged standing; frequent kneeling/squatting, bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting
Motion: Continual walking; moderate reaching
Lifting: Frequently moderate lifting or carrying (15-44 pounds)
Environment: Work outside (exposure to sun, heat, cold, and inclement weather) and inside; exposure to noise; exposure to biological hazards, bacteria, and communicable diseases; frequent districtwide and statewide travel
Mental Demands: Maintain emotional control under stress; frequent prolonged and irregular hours
|Primary Location||Mexia High School|
|Salary Range||Commensurate with Credentials and Experience|
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com