2021-2022 School Year
Marlin High School
Plan, coordinate, and supervise all components of the athletic training program for student
athletes. Work under the direction of the team physician to prevent, recognize, assess, manage,
treat, and recondition athletic injuries and illnesses.
Valid license from Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation (TDLR)
Current adult cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and automated external defibrillator (AED)
Knowledge of therapeutic modalities and injury prevention
Ability to provide emergency care and rehabilitation for student athletic injuries
Ability to instruct and supervise student athletes and assistants
Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Experience as an athletic trainer
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Plan and implement a comprehensive athletic injury and illness prevention program for student
2. Provide physical conditioning training to student athletes.
3. Attend practice sessions and athletic contests and prepare athletes using protective techniques
and devices as needed.
4. Provide emergency or continued care and refer athletes to physician for definitive diagnosis and
5. Detect and resolve risks to athletes and determine continued participation in athletic events.
6. Develop and establish specific procedures to be carried out in the event of a medical emergency.
7. Provide health care information and counsel and instruct student athletes on subject matter
related to athletic training.
8. Establish and maintain effective communication with students, parents, medical and paramedical
personnel, coaches, and other staff.
9. Plan and implement a comprehensive rehabilitation and reconditioning program for injuries and
illnesses sustained by student athletes.
10. Determine therapeutic goals and objectives for individual athletes, apply therapeutic modalities,
and instruct athletes on proper use of exercise equipment.
11. Fit injured athletes with specialized equipment and oversee its use.
12. Evaluate and record rehabilitation progress of athletes. Develop criteria for progression and
return to practice and competition.
13. Follow and enforce professional, ethical, and legal parameters regarding use of drugs and
therapeutic agents for treatment and rehabilitation of injured athletes.
14. Coordinate scheduling of athletic physical examinations and screening.
15. Select, train, and supervise student assistants.
16. Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents including medical, accident,
and treatment records as required.
17. Maintain an inventory of training supplies and equipment. Requisition additional supplies as
18. Follow district safety protocols and emergency procedures.
Direct the work of student assistants.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Tools/Equipment Used: Exercise equipment and devices including stationary bike, pulleys,
weights, whirlpool, paraffin bath, ultrasound equipment, and cold packs; automated external
Posture: Prolonged standing; frequent kneeling/squatting, bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and
Motion: Continual walking; moderate reaching
Lifting: Frequently moderate lifting or carrying (15-44 pounds)
Environment: Work outside (exposure to sun, heat, cold, and inclement weather) and inside;
exposure to noise; exposure to biological hazards, bacteria, and communicable diseases;
frequent district wide and statewide travel
Mental Demands: Maintain emotional control under stress; frequent prolonged and irregular
Based on Marlin ISD Pay scale
Please apply at https://www.applitrack.com/marlinisd/onlineapp/
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job please visit www.applitrack.com.