Marion ISD Athletic Trainer
Marion High School
JOB TITLE: HEAD ATHLETIC TRAINER
COMPENSATION: TEACHER SALARY SCHEDULE PLUS STIPEND AND DAYS
REQUIRED: Bachelor’s degree; Texas Athletic Training License; CPR/AED certification
PREFERRED: CPR/AED Instructor certification
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in the planning and implementation of a comprehensive athletic injury and illness prevention program for student athletes
- Attend practice sessions and athletic contests for the high school.
- Provide emergency or continued care and refer athletes to physicians for definitive diagnosis and treatment.
- Detect and resolve risks to athletes and determine continued participation in athletic events.
- Assist in providing health care information and counsel and instruct student athletes on subject matter related to athletic training.
- Establish and maintain effective communication with students, parents, medical and paramedical personnel, coaches, and other staff.
- Assist in planning and implementing a comprehensive rehabilitation and reconditioning program for injuries and illnesses sustained by student athletes.
- Assist in determining therapeutic goals and objectives for individual athletes, apply therapeutic modalities, and instruct athletes on proper use of exercise equipment.
- Follow and enforce professional, ethical, and legal parameters regarding use of drugs and therapeutic agents for treatment and rehabilitation of injured athletes.
- Assist in coordination of scheduling and planning athletic physical examinations and screenings.
- Assist in selection, education, training, and supervision of student assistants in the high school.
- Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents including medical, accident, and treatment records as required.
- Assist in maintaining an inventory of training supplies and equipment.
- Assist in CPR, concussion, and Rank One training for coaches and maintain records of those training sessions.
- Maintain personal CPR certification and Texas Athletic Training Licensure.
- Additional duties as deemed necessary by the campus coordinators, principals, or district athletic and administrative staff.
PLEASE APPLY THROUGH MARION ISD AT:
SEND RESUME AND REFERENCES TO:
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org