Mansfield Summit High School
Job Title: Athletic Trainer
Reports To: Lead Trainer/District Trainer/Athletic Director
The high school Athletic Trainer is responsible for the health and safety of all the student-Athletes on their campus. They will help manage a student-trainer program. They will need to foster a professional relationship with coaches, parents, student-athletes, student-trainers, and administrators.
MISD is seeking a full time Athletic Trainer. This position will be assigned to a specific high school. The Athletic Trainer will work in conjunction with the lead Athletic Trainer at their school.
Licensed Athletic Trainer State of Texas
American Heart Association First Aid/CPR Certified
Must have substantial knowledge of the anatomy and physiology of athletic injuries in all sports and continue to grow in knowledge through professional development.
Must have strong communication skills and work closely with student-athletes, student-trainers, coaches, parents and administrators.
Must be strong in areas of prevention, rehabilitation, evaluation, emergency procedures and record keeping.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Know and comply with all UIL and school district policies in regards to the health and safety of student-athletes.
- Keep and maintain accurate records for all student-athletes. To include: a) Physical Packets b) Injury and treatment documentation
- Evaluates injuries occurring in school sponsored athletic activities, and initiates appropriate follow-up action. Refers athletes to a physician when appropriate.
- Coordinate athletic training coverage for all practices and events.
- Educate coaches and student-athletes to maintain safe and appropriate practice and conditions.
- Rehabilitate athletes to return to play in a safe and timely manner.
- Manage inventory and maintain accurate records on all training supplies.
- Plan and teach TEA approved Sports Medicine class.
- Communicate daily with coaches and student-athletes on injury and treatment status.
- Develop and maintain a student-trainer program that benefits the coaches and student athletes in the athletic program.
- Maintain professional credentials by seeking out continuing education opportunities that will keep our knowledge on the cutting edge of the medical field as pertains to Athletic Training.
- Assist head coaches with planning of extended play.
- Instruct CPR and First Aid to all coaches.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the District Athletic Trainer and Athletic Director.
- Other duties as assigned.
1-2 years of high school experience preferred
Contact: Apply online at Mansfieldisd.org. Job posting number 210806007 Summit High School
Refer any questions to Andy Starnes: email@example.com , 817-276-5213
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org