North Central Texas College
North Central Texas College is accepting applications for: Athletic Trainer/Instructor: Gainesville Campus: Full-Time: Benefits Eligible.
The Athletic Trainer/Instructor will be a part of the Department of Athletics and will work under the direction of the Physical Education Division Chair while also reporting to the Athletic Director.
Specific duties include:
- To teach athletic training courses as assigned.
- To supervise student trainers in the classroom, training room, and at other sites.
- To develop, direct, and administer an athletic training facility.
- To provide athletic training support services for all athletic programs at the college.
- To assist with the development of the annual budget for the athletic training facility and instructional program.
- To travel with athletic teams as assigned.
- To order, maintain, and update training supplies.
- To coordinate athletic student’s insurance.
- To recruit students to the Athletic Trainer Program.
- To function as a team member in the Department of Athletics and the Department of Student Success in the development and implementation of processes necessary to accomplish the goals and philosophy of the department and the college.
- To assume additional responsibilities as assigned by the Athletic Director, and/or the College Chancellor.
Work is primarily performed in the athletic training facility with limited supervision and in a variety of inside and outside athletic facilities. Travel and weekend work may be required as well as early and late hours related to nature of job.
Essential functions of this position require: lifting, manual dexterity, large motor skills, ability to communicate. Heavy work: Occasional lifting and carrying objects up to 75 pounds, Frequent lifting and carrying, pushing, or pulling objects weighing up to 50 pounds; and/or continuous lifting, carrying, pushing, or pulling 10-20 pounds. Mental Application: Utilizes memory for details, verbal instructions, emotional stability, critical thinking, adaptability and creative problem solving skills are important
Master’s degree in Kinesiology or related field from an accredited institution of higher learning recognized by the US Department of Education.
Two year’s college or related experience
College experience preferred
CPR and First Aid Certification preferred or ability to obtain within six months
Required Skills & Abilities:
Ability to communicate effectively
Ability to work in a variety of stressful situations
Organizational skills to maintain accurate records and files
Ability to work effectively with a variety of different people
Ability to effectively supervise, lead students
Must be able to maintain a flexible schedule
Must possess a valid, current Driver’s License.
Understanding of athletic rules and how those affect the athlete
Must be a self-starter and able to work independently
Subject to criminal background check. Resume, cover letter, and unofficial transcript is required in addition to application. Salary starts at $45,185 and can commensurate on applicable education and experience.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
North Central Texas College (“NCTC”) is an equal opportunity employer. NCTC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetics, equal pay, or any other legally protected characteristic. NCTC prohibits harassment on the basis of a legally protected characteristic and/or retaliation for reporting a complaint.
To apply for this job please visit employment.nctc.edu.