Houston Methodist Sugar Land Hospital
Houston Methodist Sugar Land Outreach Athletic Trainer (Ridge Point High School)
At Houston Methodist, the Athletic Trainer position is responsible for preventing, recognizing, assessing, managing, treating, disposing of, and reconditioning athletic injuries under the direction of a physician licensed in this state or another qualified, licensed health professional. This position performs related duties in accordance with the state practice act, applicable regulations, and department policy, procedures and practices. The Athletic Trainer position demonstrates competence to adapt to work and customer service to accommodate the unique physical, psychosocial, cultural, safety and other development needs of patients served by the department.
For more Information and to apply: https://www.houstonmethodistcareers.org/complete-referral/athletic-trainer-physical-therapy-houston-methodist-su-16-12913/
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES. Job responsibilities labeled EF capture those duties that are essential functions of the job. PEOPLE – 30%
1. Promotes a positive work environment and contributes to a dynamic, team focused work unit that actively helps one other to achieve optimal department results. (EF)
2. Collaborates with all members of the health care team by actively communicating and reporting pertinent information and data in a comprehensive manner to facilitate efficient and effective accomplishment of patient care. (EF)
3. Provides oversight to support personnel of patient care duties, to ensure properly performed. (EF)
4. Effectively communicates with the patient, family, physician, and coach regarding the patient’s ability to return to practice and competition. (EF)
SERVICE – 30%
1. Practices prevention, recognition, assessment, management, treatment, and reconditioning of injuries in accordance with athletic training practice act and in collaboration with providers. (EF)
2. Documents patient assessments and treatment notes accurately. (EF)
3. Works in an integrated manner with the health team in the provision of exercise and treatment modalities. (EF)
QUALITY/SAFETY – 20%
1. Provides safe, effective athletic training appropriate to the patient’s ability and injury based upon the relevant evidence base practice. (EF)
2. Prepares patients for practice and competition through the appropriate utilization of braces, bandages, wrapping and taping techniques to prevent injury. Provides emergency care within the athletic trainer scope of practice.(EF)
3. Proactively identifies/assesses any facility, environment or patient related issues, documenting and communicating to management as appropriate. Corrects minor safety hazards. (EF)
FINANCE – 10%
1. Uses resources efficiently and effectively. Self-motivated to independently manage time effectively and prioritize daily tasks. (EF)
2. Promotes brand awareness while partnering within the community to increase service utilization. (EF)
GROWTH/INNOVATION – 10%
1. Seeks opportunities to expand learning beyond baseline competencies with a focus on continual process improvements. Remains current on professional issues and clinical skills. Assumes responsibility for self-growth and development by participating in in-service programs and continuing education. (EF)
2. Assists in the organization and direction of specific activities of the department in coordination with leadership. (EF)
3. Supports hospital and department goals and offers innovative solutions through participation in department projects to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of current practices. May participate in committees relevant special topics in professional literature at clinic meetings, grand rounds, conferences, and meetings in coordination with leadership. (EF)
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive; the employee will also perform other reasonably related business/job duties as assigned. Houston Methodist reserves the right to revise job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
• Bachelor’s degree
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
• LAT (Licensed Athletic Trainer) through the Advisory Board of Athletic Trainers.
• American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
• Demonstrates the skills and competencies necessary to safely perform the assigned job, determined through on-going skills, competency assessments, and performance evaluations
• Sufficient proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing the English language necessary to perform the essential functions of this job, especially with regard to activities impacting patient or employee safety or security
• Ability to effectively communicate with patients, physicians, family members and co-workers in a manner consistent with a customer service focus and application of positive language principles
• Adapts to multiple on-going priorities with minimal supervision; actively participating in problem solving
• Demonstrates excellent time-management and critical thinking skills with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks
At Houston Methodist Sugar Land Hospital, we’re committed to building great careers alongside our new services and facilities. Join us in Sugar Land, where a very comfortable family atmosphere goes hand in hand with a bright future in one of America’s finest health care systems. As a Pathway to Excellence designated hospital by the ANCC, Houston Methodist Sugar Land Hospital is making vast strides in introducing new facets of caring to the community. In addition to leading emergency, ICU, surgical and imaging services, Houston Methodist Sugar Land Hospital offers patients diagnostic and therapeutic technologies normally found only in top academic medical centers.
To apply for this job please visit www.houstonmethodistcareers.org.