Farmersville High School
Plan, coordinate, and supervise all components of athletic training program for student athletes.
Also work under the direction of team physician to carry out activities in the following areas:
prevention, evaluation, emergency treatment, physical reconditioning, and rehabilitation of
JOB QUALIFICATIONS: Education/Certification:
Valid license from Texas Advisory Board of Athletic Trainers
Ability to provide injury prevention and rehabilitation services
Ability to provide emergency care
Knowledge of therapeutic modalities and ability to apply appropriate treatment to treat student
Ability to instruct and supervise student athletes and assistants
Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
1. Plan and implement a comprehensive athletic injury and illness prevention program for student
2. Attend practice sessions and athletic contests as assigned by athletic director.
3. Establish and maintain effective communication with students, parents, medical and
paramedical personnel, coaches, and other staff.
4. Provide physical conditioning training to student athletes.
5. Fit injured athletes with specialized equipment and oversee its use.
6. Prepare athletes for games and practices by conducting evaluations and using tape, wraps,
splints, braces, and other protective devices as needed.
7. Respond to emergencies and make quick, independent judgments about how to deal with
8. Identify acute injuries and provide first-aid triage, including assessing injuries and deciding
whether an athlete should seek further medical attention and should discontinue participation in
the athletic event.
9. Establish specific procedures to be carried out by a coach or student trainer in the event of a
10. Detect and resolve environmental risks to athletes.
11. Plan and put in place a comprehensive rehabilitation and reconditioning program for injuries
and illnesses sustained by student athletes.
12. Determine therapeutic goals and objectives for individual athletes.
13. Apply therapeutic modalities and instruct athletes on proper use of exercise equipment.
14. Evaluate and record rehabilitation progress of athletes. Develop criteria for progression and
return to practice and competition.
15. Follow professional, ethical, and legal parameters regarding use of drugs and therapeutic
agents for treatment and rehabilitation of injured athletes.
16. Coordinate scheduling of athletic physical examinations and screening.
17. Select, train, and supervise student assistants.
18. Compile, maintain, and file all physical and computerized reports, records, and other
documents including medical, accident, and treatment records as required.
19. Maintain an inventory of training supplies and equipment. Requisition additional supplies as
Supervise the work of student assistants.
Exercise equipment and devices including stationary bike, pulleys, weights, whirlpool, paraffin
bath, ultrasound equipment, and cold packs.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Maintain emotional control under stress. Continual walking and standing; moderate lifting and
carrying; stooping, bending, kneeling, and reaching. Work outside (exposure to sun, heat, cold,
and inclement weather) and inside. Exposure to biological hazards, bacteria, and communicable
diseases. Frequent districtwide and statewide travel; frequent prolonged and irregular hours.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job
and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that
may be required.
Please send letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org www.teacherjobnet.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com