Job Title: Athletic Trainer Date Created: 10/28/2020
Department: Athletics Date Last Revised: 04/25/2022
Reports to: Head of Athletics FLSA: Exempt, Full Time
The Athletic Trainer will provide medical care and rehabilitation to student athletes
under the direction of the team physician or written referral from a physician. The
Athletic Trainer will maintain medical records and refer to physician or hospital as
• Provide an athletic injury prevention plan, including environmental risks.
• Conduct an initial assessment of an athlete’s injury or illness to provide care,
and referral to physician for definitive diagnosis and treatment, if needed.
• Provide treatment, rehabilitation, and implement Return to Play protocols
following athletic injuries.
• Approve all pre-participation medical paperwork prior to start of athletics.
• Maintain accurate records of injury evaluations and treatments.
• Provide athletic training services for home athletic contests.
• Establish and maintain effective communication with students, parents,
medical and paramedical personnel, coaches, and other staff.
• Apply protective or injury preventative devices such as tape, bandages, or
braces prior to athletic participation.
• Oversee athletic training room operations, supplies and equipment.
• Assists with Health Services Support as needed.
Minimum Education/Prior Experience/Qualifications Required
• Successful completion of criminal offender record information and sexual
offender registry information checks.
• Degree in Athletic Training
• Valid license from Texas Advisory Board of Athletic Trainers
• Current BLS certification
• Current Safe Environment training
• Current CPR certification
• Excellent communication skills with attention to detail
• Punctuality and dependability
• Ability to maintain accurate records
• Adherence to all personnel policies, procedures and rules contained in the
Duchesne Employee Handbook
• Maintain productive relationships with other Duchesne faculty and staff,
working closely with other Department Heads where applicable
• Maintain professional relationships with the Board of Trustees
• Proficient in using an EMR, preferably Magnus Health
Tenets of Staff Excellence
Duchesne Academy employees embody and promote the Goals and Criteria of a
Sacred Heart education. As a staff of excellence, they commit to a personal and
active faith in God, a deep respect for intellectual values, a social awareness that
impels to action, the building of community as a Christian value, and personal
growth in an atmosphere of wise freedom. As community builders, employees of
Duchesne value and respect their colleagues, and they promote School goals and
policies with a generous and positive spirit.
A Sacred Heart employee…
Demonstrates an understanding of Catholic Identity, respects the tenets of
Catholicism, and participates in the faith life of the School.
Models acceptance of and respect for other faith and cultural traditions.
Values and encourages interactive service as a life-long commitment.
Creates an inviting environment which honors rigor and relevance, and promotes
critical thinking, collaboration, and the creative use of the imagination.
Embraces the importance of the integration of technology within the school;
supports and promotes the ethical use of all forms of technology.
Researches, reflects on, and adopts best practices to promote excellence in the area
Continually seeks professional growth through self-reflection, observations,
collegial dialogue and professional development opportunities.
Fulfills routine professional responsibilities in a thoughtful and timely manner.
Works in partnership and open communication with parents and colleagues to
ensure the well-being of the school.
Contributes to a community culture that fosters thoughtful decision-making,
honorable behavior, accountability, and a sense of hope.
Nothing in this Job Description restricts Duchesne’s right to assign or reassign
duties and responsibilities to this position at any time. This position is at will, which
means that either the employee or Duchesne may terminate the employment
relationship at any time, with or without notice and for any reason or no reason.
Duchesne Academy of the Sacred Heart is committed to providing equal opportunity in all of
its employment practices, including selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, and compensation,
to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex (gender),
age, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any
other status protected by applicable law.
McCloskey, Allison at Allison.McCloskey@duchesne.org
To apply for this job email your details to Allison.McCloskey@duchesne.org