Driscoll Children's Hospital
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB:
The primary responsibility of the Athletic Trainer is to provide rehabilitative care to injured athletes and patients under the direction of the Sports Medicine physician. The Athletic Trainer will educate the patient regarding injury prevention, rehabilitation, wellness and other health- related topics as directed by the physician.
Must demonstrate the knowledge and skill necessary to provide appropriate care to the age of patients served on unit. Must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient’s status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to their needs. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide for the primary population of patients served in the department.
- Exercising appropriate age-specific communication skills when interacting with customers, patients, and families.
- Exercising appropriate age-specific safety practices when interacting with customers, patients, and families.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive; employees will perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and/or hospital administration as required.
- Maintains utmost level of confidentiality at all times.
- Adheres to hospital policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates business practices and personal actions that are ethical and adhere to corporate compliance and integrity guidelines.
- Demonstrates clinical competence in the provision of effective service delivery appropriate to the patient’s specific needs and diagnosis by
- -Understanding medical diagnosis and treatment interventions.
- -Following established rehabilitation protocols based on diagnosis.
- -Providing education to parent and patients in an ongoing fashion.
- -Completing charges on a daily basis.
- -Completing patient documentation on a daily basis with appropriate content.
- Demonstrates effective use of time for direct and indirect patient care as well as departmental responsibilities.
- Delivers competent age-appropriate patient care, integrating infection control and body substance precautions, patient safety, body mechanics and knowledge of growth and development.
- Identifies patient/family needs for services from ancillary departments and provides follow-up and referral, as necessary, in collaboration with the physician and professional nursing staff.
- Serves as liaison between the patient, nursing, physician and office staff.
- Responsible for data collection and data entry (patient history).
- Provides patient home exercise protocols as directed by the physician.
- Provides patient brace/crutch fitting and product education.
- Stocks examination/treatment rooms, as appropriate.
- Follow all HIPAA regulations and guidelines.
- Support effective patient care flow through the clinic.
- Coverage of area schools at multiple grade levels and a variety of events.
- Includes traveling to these locations, bringing medical supplies, setting up and taking down of tables or booths.
- Cover area school summer camps, weight rooms and/or workouts.
- All other assigned duties.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Must have, at minimum, a State of Texas License for Athletic Training and a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. Preferably, the candidate will also have a National Certification in Athletic Training.
- Must have experience with athletes in numerous sports
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS.
-Maintain current Athletic Trainer licensure in the State of Texas
-Maintain certification by the National Athletic Trainer’s Association
Clinical Recruiter | Human Resources
Driscoll Children’s Hospital
361.694.6407 office | 361.424.1119 cell
To apply for this job email your details to Tamara.Cibrian@dchstx.or