Children's Heath Andrews Institute Sports Medicine Outreach Program
Position: School-Based Athletic Trainer in Lucas, TX
Position Summary: Provide “Athletic Training Services” to athletes under the direction of the Sports Medicine Director or by written referral from a physician, and in accordance with state athletic training practice act for the Children’s Heath Andrews Institute Sports Medicine Outreach Program. Program Specifics: The Children’s Heath Andrews Institute (CHAI) Sports Medicine Outreach Program may be involved with daily athletic programs at schools (Private and Public), state-wide championship events, recreational sporting events, offsite clinical evaluations and screenings, pre-participation screenings, baseline screenings and testing for concussion, cardiac health, musculoskeletal risk factors and many other sports-related medical service offerings. It is expected that each member of the CHAI Sports Medicine Outreach Team to be prepared to respond and act in all emergency and urgent medical situations that may occur during the defined event or program being covered. The team member will act within the expected Strategic Priorities and be a positive representative of Children’s Health Andrews Institutes’ motto and mission. The CHAI team member should exceed the expectations of all customers by being prompt, accurate and willing to assist with any medical issue while on site. All care administered and injuries evaluated should be documented per the CHAI injury assessment reporting protocol. This position is perfect for new athletic trainers looking to gain a full-spectrum experience and explore different athletic training settings.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Have knowledge and uphold the Code of Ethics of the National Athletic Trainers Association and the Texas Board of Examiners for Athletic Trainers.
· Demonstrate good communication skills with athletes, parents, athletic director(s) coaches and physicians regarding athletes playing status and ability to return to competition.
· Provide superior care in the prevention, recognition, evaluation, and immediate care of athletic injuries.
· Provide pre-game/practice taping and preparation.
· Referring athletes for appropriate diagnostic and follow-up procedures and completing and submitting an injury report to the Athletic Training Outreach Program Manager in a timely manner.
· Utilize appropriate, sound, and up to date clinical techniques to effectively assess and treat athletic injuries.
· Provide athletic training services to patients and athletes at sponsored events as requested or required.
· Complete all documentation in a timely manner.
· Proper management and disposal of all confidential patient information.
Kayla Parker, MS, LAT, ATC
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org