Children's Health Andrews Institute
Position: School–Based Athletic Trainer for Denison ISD– Children’s Health Employed
Provide “Athletic Training Services” to athletes under the direction of the Sports Medicine Director or by
written referral from a physician, and in accordance with state athletic training practice act for the Children’s
Heath Andrews Institute Sports Medicine Outreach Program.
The Children’s Heath Andrews Institute (CHAI) Sports Medicine Outreach Program may be involved with daily
athletic programs at schools (Private and Public), state–wide championship events, recreational sporting
events, offsite clinical evaluations and screenings, pre–participation screenings, baseline screenings and testing
for concussion, cardiac health, musculoskeletal risk factors and many other sports–related medical service
offerings. It is expected that each member of the CHAI Sports Medicine Outreach Team to be prepared to
respond and act in all emergency and urgent medical situations that may occur during the defined event or
program being covered. The team member will act within the expected Strategic Priorities and be a positive
representative of Children’s Health Andrews Institutes’ motto and mission. The CHAI team member should
exceed the expectations of all customers by being prompt, accurate and willing to assist with any medical issue
while on site. All care administered and injuries evaluated should be documented per the CHAI injury
assessment reporting protocol. This position is perfect for new athletic trainers looking to gain a full–spectrum
experience and explore different athletic training settings.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Have knowledge and uphold the Code of Ethics of the National Athletic Trainers Association and the Texas
Board of Examiners for Athletic Trainers.
· Demonstrate good communication skills with athletes, parents, athletic director(s) coaches and physicians
regarding athletes playing status and ability to return to competition.
· Provide superior care in the prevention, recognition, evaluation, and immediate care of athletic injuries.
· Provide pre–game/practice taping and preparation.
· Referring athletes for appropriate diagnostic and follow–up procedures and completing and submitting an
injury report to the Athletic Training Outreach Program Manager in a timely manner.
· Utilize appropriate, sound, and up to date clinical techniques to effectively assess and treat athletic injuries.
· Provide athletic training services to patients and athletes at sponsored events as requested or required.
· Complete all documentation in a timely manner.
· Proper management and disposal of all confidential patient information.
– HS Positions require ideally 2+ years experience
– Must have current Texas LAT by July 19, 2021
– BOC preferred but not required
– Current certification for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and AED training (American Heart
Send resume and letter of interest to Salitza.Richard@Childrens.com
To apply for this job email your details to Salitza.Richard@Childrens.com