St. Joseph Health
St Joseph Health is looking for an athletic trainer for Blinn College. This is a full time position, you would be responsible for 40 hours at Blinn College.
CHI St. Joseph Health – College Station/Bryan TX Since 1936 CHI St. Joseph Health has been caring for the communities in Bryan College Station Brenham Hearne Navasota Caldwell Madisonville and Bellville. With the area’s only Level II Trauma Center the first Joint Commission certified Primary Stroke Center and the first accredited Chest Pain Center in the Brazos Valley; CHI St. Joseph Health is a leader in critical care and the largest provider of cardiovascular care in the region. As an integrated healthcare system CHI St. Joseph Health includes a comprehensive network of over 100 employed providers including primary care physicians specialists and advanced practice clinicians. The network includes more than 20 ambulatory clinics featuring primary care a freestanding Emergency Room Express Clinics and imaging and diagnostic services.
Responsible for assessing, evaluating and treating athletes of all ages to maximize patient outcomes.
1. Evaluates referred patients and design/implement plan of care based on patient functioning, diagnosis, treatment, self-management and access to healthcare resources to optimize patient care.
2. Documents evaluations and plan of care to meet required guidelines.
3. Delivers physical care to patient following medical direction including monitoring of patient response and results during care to optimize patient outcome.
4. Instructs patient and/or family members in treatment, activities and home care to optimize customer service.
5. Evaluates appropriate staff members with questions regarding unfamiliar diagnosis or age categories to maximize communication.
6. Provides education and counseling to patients, families and groups regarding health maintenance, normal body functions, injury prevention, strength and conditioning to prevent future injuries.
Required: Bachelor’s degree (BS, BA, etc…)
Preferred: Master’s Degree (MS, MA, etc….)
Required: Kinesiology; Exercise Physiology; Health Sciences; Etc… Preferred: Athletic Training; Graduate Assistantship in Masters AT Program
Preferred: 2-3 years Athletic Training experiene in school setting or outreach setting; 1-2 years Athletic Training experience as AT graduate assistant/fellow.
Required: Basic computer and data entry skills; Fully Competent in Athletic Training skills & domains Licensure/Certifications
Required: Licensed by the State of Texas- Athletic Training (LAT); CPR certified
Preferred: NATA BOC Certification (ATC); CSCS Certification; CPR/AED Instructor; EMS certification
Please apply at the following link: https://www.commonspirit.careers/job/college-station/athletic-trainer/35300/27979490784
To apply for this job please visit www.commonspirit.careers.