Austin Gilgronis of Major League Rugby
The Austin Gilgronis of Major League Rugby (MLR) through its partnership with Ascension Seton Sports Performance is seeking candidates to fill the role of Head Athletic Trainer/Medical Coordinator. Primary responsibilities for this position will include overseeing the sports medicine staff and medical operations of the Professional, U23, and U18 teams.
Apply Directly at: https://jobs.ascension.org/careers-home/jobs/111905?lang=en-us
- Assess injuries and manage comprehensive treatment programs to prevent injury and rehabilitate athletes.
- Coordination and delivery of athletic training and sports medicine services for assigned athletes
- Coordination of insurance, billing, and workers compensation claims
- Work in conjunction with Director of Performance and staff (Strength and Conditioning, Sports Scientists)
- Coordinate appointments, surgeries, and post operative care for athletes in conjunction with team physicians, surgeons, and physical therapists
- Maintaining and ensuring staff has up to date certifications, licensures, and trainings in accordance with league mandated protocols (MLR, World Rugby)
- Evaluate injuries and develop treatment and exercise plans within the scope of practice under the guidance of supervising team physician
- Implement individualized therapeutic interventions and establish exercise programs for specific needs
- Prepare athletes for and attendance at daily practices and games
- Supervise athletic training interns/students (must serve as Preceptor to athletic training students as assigned)
- Manage treatment scheduling, oversee medical records, maintain/update rehabilitation progress reports and record injuries and care delivered in the EMR System (ensure HIPAA/FERPA compliance)
- Maintain athletic training facility and inventory of equipment and supplies
- Organize staff meetings, athlete onboarding and physicals, as well as additional opportunities with athletic clinics and camps
- Develop conditioning programs for injured and non-injured athletes to ensure safety in the program design incorporating nutrition plans and schedules customized to meet individual athlete needs.
- Design and implement comprehensive training or rehabilitation programs to prevent injury and illness among athletes.
- Evaluate and manage injuries. Maintain medical documentation on each athlete and act as a liaison between the physician and the athlete.
- Prepare athletes for practice or competition based on team schedules, applicable regulations and guidelines, and in conjunction with physician and sports performance staff.
Why Join Our Team
Ascension Seton, based in Austin, Texas, has provided thousands of associates and caregivers a rewarding career in healthcare since 1902. We strive to expand access to high-quality, low-cost, person-centered care and services for all. We operate more than 100 clinical locations in central Texas, including 3 teaching hospitals, Dell Seton Medical Center at the University of Texas, Ascension Seton Medical Center Austin and Dell Children’s Medical Center, where candidates can find both career and clinical education opportunities. If you are looking for a rewarding career in healthcare, explore a career with us today.
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 160,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension Seton is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher (Master’s degree preferred) plus 2 years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Current Board of Certification (BOC) Athletic Trainer in good standing and eligible for Athletic Trainer Licensure within the state of Texas
- 3+ Years of Experience (Rugby Preferred), 1+ year in Leadership position
- Extensive knowledge and experience with Insurance Coordination/Workers Comp
- Experience with World Rugby Match Day Medical Staff Protocol(s) Certification(s)
- An Advanced Degree in Athletic Training or similar (MS, DAT, PT)
- Additional Certifications Preferred (CSCS, EMT, CES, PES, FMS)
- Manual Therapy Skills Preferred (Graston, ART, Dry Needling)
- Certified Health Care Provider (CPR/AED)
To apply for this job please visit jobs.ascension.org.