Ascension Medical Group
Athletic Trainer – Ascension Medical Group Sports Medicine Outreach (Full-Time) Austin, Texas
Ascension Medical Group Seton (AMG) is seeking a full-time athletic trainer to fulfill a sports medicine outreach position. As part of our effort to build healthier communities, our outreach ATs provide sports medicine services to different schools and organizations in the surrounding Austin area, working with a variety of athletes from secondary to collegiate settings.
Contact/Send Resume To: Amanda.Henkhaus@ascension.org
What You Will Do
● Prevent, recognize, evaluate, and provide immediate care, rehabilitation and reconditioning of athletic injuries/illnesses through evidence-based practice.
● Serve as liaison between Ascension Medical Group Seton (AMG), assigned school, parents, athletes, coaches, and physicians to enhance community relationships, and provide high quality health care services.
● Demonstrates the ability to initiate a referral process and to successfully navigate system for efficient and effective patient care
● Document and maintain touch-point injuries and referrals
● As needed, provides athletic training coverage for affiliated AMG partnerships. Examples include but are not limited to: camps, tournaments, health fairs, educational classes, and affiliated contract coverage.
● Maintains accountability for individual work schedules including but not limited to, site specific schedules, monthly injury tracking, and My Learning modules assigned by AMG.
● Other duties and responsibilities as assigned. What You Will Need Licensure / Certification / Registration:
● Athletic Trainer credentialed from the Texas Advisory Board of Athletic Trainers obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer date required.
● BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date required. Education:
● Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university required.
Why Join Our Team Ascension Seton, based in Austin, Texas, has provided thousands of associates and caregivers a rewarding career in healthcare since 1902. We strive to expand access to high-quality, low-cost, person-centered care and services for all. We operate more than 100 clinical locations in central Texas, including 3 teaching hospitals, Dell Seton Medical Center at the University of Texas, Ascension Seton Medical Center Austin and Dell Children’s Medical Center, where candidates can find both career and clinical education opportunities. If you are looking for a rewarding career in healthcare, explore a career with us today. When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 160,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today. Equal Employment Opportunity Employer Ascension Seton is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, copy and paste the following link to see the “EEO is the Law” poster: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf EEO is the Law Poster Supplement Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
To apply for this job email your details to Amanda.Henkhaus@ascension.org