Anderson-Shiro CISD is seeking the following position:
1 (one) – Athletic Trainer/High School Sports Medicine Instructor
Campus Level Position, 10 Month Contract (187 days)
Anderson-Shiro CISD is looking for a highly motivated, certified athletic trainer/teacher for the
secondary campus. Teaching assignment will be Sports Medicine.
The Teacher is expected to interact with school administrators, teachers, and staff to create a pleasant
work environment. He/she should be an innovator, self-starter, organized and a positive team member in
Primary Purpose: Plan, coordinate, and supervise all components of the athletic training program for
student athletes. Work with and under the direction of CHI St Joseph Health to prevent, recognize, assess,
manage, treat, and recondition athletic injuries and illnesses.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Plan and implement a comprehensive athletic injury and illness prevention program for student
2. Provide physical conditioning training to student athletes.
3. Attend practice sessions and athletic contests and prepare athletes using protective techniques and
devices as needed.
4. Provide emergency or continued care and refer athletes to physicians for definitive diagnosis and
5. Detect and resolve risks to athletes and determine continued participation in athletic events.
6. Develop and establish specific procedures to be carried out in the event of a medical emergency.
7. Provide health care information and counsel and instruct student athletes on subject matter related to
8. Establish and maintain effective communication with students, parents, medical and paramedical
personnel, coaches, and other staff.
9. Plan and implement a comprehensive rehabilitation and reconditioning program for injuries and
illnesses sustained by student athletes.
10. Determine therapeutic goals and objectives for individual athletes, apply therapeutic modalities, and
instruct athletes on proper use of exercise equipment.
11. Fit injured athletes with specialized equipment and oversee its use.
12. Evaluate and record rehabilitation progress of athletes. Develop criteria for progression and return to practice and competition.
13. Follow and enforce professional, ethical, and legal parameters regarding use of drugs and therapeutic
agents for treatment and rehabilitation of injured athletes.
14. Coordinate scheduling of athletic physical examinations and screening.
15. Select, train, and supervise student assistants.
16. Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents including medical, accident, and
treatment records as required.
17. Maintain an inventory of training supplies and equipment. Requisition additional supplies as needed.
18. Follow district safety protocols and emergency procedures.
Direct the work of student assistants.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Tools/Equipment Used: Exercise equipment and devices including stationary bike, pulleys, weights,
whirlpool, paraffin bath, ultrasound equipment, and cold packs; automated external defibrillator (AED)
Posture: Prolonged standing; frequent kneeling/squatting, bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and
Motion: Continual walking; moderate reaching
Lifting: Frequently moderate lifting or carrying (15-44 pounds)
Environment: Work outside (exposure to sun, heat, cold, and inclement weather) and inside; exposure to
noise; exposure to biological hazards, bacteria, and communicable diseases; frequent district wide and
Mental Demands: Maintain emotional control under stress; frequent prolonged and irregular hours
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
Valid Athletic Training license from Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation (TDLR)
TSATA Sports Medicine Instructor Certification
Current adult cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and automated external defibrillator (AED)
Valid Texas Teachers Certificate in above mentioned fields (6-12) if appropriate
Strong communication skills.
Experience is a plus but not mandatory.
Special Knowledge/Skills:Knowledge of therapeutic modalities and injury prevention
Ability to provide emergency care and rehabilitation for student athletic injuries Knowledge of therapeutic modalities and injury prevention
Ability to provide emergency care and rehabilitation for student athletic injuries
Ability to instruct and supervise student athletes and assistants
Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
1 year experience as an athletic trainer preferred but not required.
Local Salary Scale, Plus Athletic Training Stipend
Outside applicants may complete an online application through the District website at www.ascisd.net or
at the following link: https://ascisd.careerportal.net/JobPortal/Home/Home.aspx. Current ASCISD
employees should email a letter of interest to the Superintendent’s secretary, Margaret McClosky, at
For more information, please contact the Superintendent’s secretary, Margaret McClosky, by phone at
936-873-4500 or via email at email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org