Athletic Trainer (2 Positions) – St. Joseph’s Health Regional Hospital & Sports Medicine 7/13

July 13th, 2021

St. Joseph's Health Regional Hospital & Sports Medicine

St. Joseph Health Regional Hospital  & Sports Medicine

Position (s):      Two  Full-time  Athletic Trainer

  • Begins Approx.  July 26, 2021

CHI St. Joseph Health Sports Medicine

    The largest,  most experienced, and most comprehensive Hospital system, Orthopedic clinic and Sports medicine program in the Brazos Valley (9 county radius of Bryan-College Station).  We are in the Texas Division of the St. Lukes Health – Houston, of the national CommonSpirit Health organization.

St. Joseph has 7 Orthopedic Surgeons (4 General Orth, 1 Hand, 2 Trauma),  10 full-time & 6 PRN ATs,  and  multiple Physical Therapy clinics.  We provide service/coverage to 28 school /organizations in 9 counties.  We have the only true post-concussion Dizzy-Balance/Vestibular program. St. Joseph Regional Hospital is a faith-based health provider that is focused on the giving the highest level of service & care possible.

Position  Summary:

The  Full-time Athletic Trainer is responsible for the prevention and care of athletic and orthopedic injuries, including therapeutic rehabilitation. Also, accountable for the assessment, management, treatment, rehabilitation, conditioning and performance training of the physically active person whose conditions are within the professional preparation and education of a Texas licensed athletic trainer.

Position Responsibilities/Requirements:

  • Reports to the Athletic Training Operations Manager. Good organizational & communication skills are highly valued!
  • To one public/private school (2 – 3A) for approx. 70% of time. Remaining 30% is visits to “satellite” schools and
  • Football game (s) coverage and other school athletic event coverage required. No PT clinic responsibilities.
  • Responsible for the treatment and supervision of treatment of all minor athletic injuries and conditions, and  the completing & maintaining athletic injury assessment records
  • Responsible for referring athletic injuries to physicians for diagnosis and treatment
  • In some cases, develops and supervises appropriate rehabilitation programs for athletes under the supervision of a physician
  • In some cases, responsible for the safe operation, inventory, and requisition of all athletic training supplies and equipment.
  • Follows all clinic controls for protecting athlete/patient, staff, physical plant, financial and information resources

Follow all HIPAA information guidelines/protocols

  • Professional appearance, demeanor, stress management / organizational skills; ability to calmly multi-task during

stressful situations.   On-duty hours may include hot &/or wet weather, irregular hours, unexpected length of hours.

  • Timely attendance at game/events.
  • Desire to develop & maintain positive professional relationships with physicians, school administrators, parents,

coaches, athletes,  and other internal & external customers.  This include some marketing skills.

Education & Qualifications:

  • Valid Texas Athletic Trainer License (LAT)
  • Bachelors Degree minimum
  • Valid CPR/AED certification
  • Eligible for employment in the USA
  • Team goal / relation oriented
  • FLSA Exempt

Physical Requirements:

  • May be expected to lift up to 25 pounds or up to 50 pounds with assistance.
  • May be expected to push or pull 300 pounds with assistance.
  • Work is of high demand; sitting, walking and standing most of the time while on duty. Visual and auditory acuity

and manual dexterity essential to performing designated duties required

Contact/Report To:

Henry Hawkins, MS, ATC, LAT

Manager – Athletic Training Operations

St. Joseph Health Sports Medicine/Athletic Training

512-964-3264

E-mail: hhawkins@st-joseph.org

Mail:  2803 Earl Rudder Fwy, South, St. 103,  College Station, TX 77845

To apply for this job email your details to hhawkins@st-joseph.org